Thursday, September 19, 2019

Inspired By...L is for


Welcome to this week's Inspired By Challenge! I'm happy to be back after taking two weeks off because of the insanity that was my life! ha ha! 

Here is the inspiration photo for this week. I was inspired by pretty much all of it! Of course the L...and for me, L is for "joy and love" and as always, Lunceford! I use the letter L in a lot of my decorating so it was fun to use it on a card as well! I was also inspired by the greenery tucked in the metal bucket/basket with the twine handles. I used the shiplap look for my card photography, so does that count? LOL!
I was thrilled to finally have an excuse to use the awesome Eucalyptus Fantasy washi tape ; it was the perfect choice to use for the touch of greenery in the photo. There is a coordinating Eucalyptus Fantasy stamp set and coordinating die collection. The awesome thing about the die is that is can die cut the images from the washi tape, all except the portion of the tape that I used today! LOL! This portion doesn't have a need to be die cut, but the other sections, do! Anyway, I was excited to use it!
I added the washi tape panel to a standard top folding A2 black card base using foam squares. I created the tag by die cutting the Essentials Classic Tags with fillable elements out of grey cardstock. I used the little dots and scallop portion of the "fillable" elements in the tag set to mimic the look of the galvanized bucket/basket in the photo. 
I die cut the "L" three times using the Kelly Alpha  and glued them together using liquid glue. I added it to the center of the tag using liquid glue as well. Once that was done, I added a tiny clothespin to the hole on the tag that is tied with black Baker's Twine.
The "joy and love" sentiment is from the Floral Vase stamp set and is stamped in black onto a strip of Kraft cardstock. I had stamped it a few other times trying to the "finish" just right, but in the end a ripped edge won! Go figure, right? My daughter said,"Mom, did you see that the edge is ripped?" Yes, yes, I did! She didn't understand the aesthetic I was going for, but oh well!
I added some white Nuvo drops around the greenery in the washi tape for some added detail and interest.
I had a lot of fun putting this card together. I never would have made it if it wasn't for the challenge! I hope to see your card in the gallery this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning! I bet you DID have fun with this card. And I love your ripped tag, lol. I do! Very pretty card and I definitely think your greenery counts. I love your blog and love, love all your gorgeous cards! 😊