Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas {Wishing you sweet Joy}



It's the 25th; time for September's installment of the Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! As soon as Christmas hits the Instagram feed, you know things are getting serious! LOL! I've hesitated sharing my Keeping Christmas posts on Instagram for fear of them looking out of place, but that is no longer the case! And...I have officially started listening to Christmas music....for crafting, that is! Here is the list of the other designers' blogs so make sure you pop by each one of them to see what they've created this month!
Broni Holcombe (off this month)

I'm obsessed with the new Seasons of Joy stamp set and had so much fun making THESE projects for the release! I decided to make a set of four gift card holders using the same idea, but tweaking a few things here and there.

To begin, I die cut the wreaths using the Season Of Joy die collection and then used my MISTI to stamp all of the different images to create the multi-colored wreath. The thing I love about this set, is that is also has a one step wreath image included in the set for those quick projects. I'm sure I'll be needing that one the closer we get to Christmas! LOL!

I also die cut the JOY letters and stamped those with black ink. The sentiments are heat embossed in white onto sentiment strips to really make them pop! I used this particular sentiment because I may use these gift card holders to hold a gift card to a local sweet shop, so that will be perfect!
I used the new Tag Creations: Modern Gift die collection to die cut the four gift card holder bases. I used Pinefeather and Pure Poppy cardstock and cut two of each color. Once that was done, I did a little ink blending around the edges using coordinating ink and the fabulous Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes. I love that there is a brush for each of the rainbow colors!


At this point, I was all ready to get everything assembled. I used foam squares in two sizes as well as some liquid glue to get everything adhered. 

I'm 100 percent sure I'm not folding these right and I absolutely 100 percent don't care, either! LOL! I really like the rounded edge that they have; more like a gift. I also love that they have a hole on the back so they can be used as a tag if need be.

Last year I gave quite a few actual gifts with a gift card attached, so these will be perfect for those situations! Or...they don't have to be attached to anything at all.

These worked up pretty quickly, which is always a plus! I hope you all get a chance to get started on your holiday crafting! Thanks for fluttering by!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Just beautiful, Kelly! I always look forward to your Keeping Christmas posts. Now, then, how about a holiday Greetery sneak peek!!

Vicki Finger said...

As always, so rich and beautiful. I am waiting on pretty much that entire release to come back in stock so I can order it. I look forward to seeing what you make each month!

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this are so beautiful! I would love to receive on of these! I wouldn't even want to open it because it is so gorgeous! You always have the best ideas! XXX

Anita said...

Your giftcard holders are beautiful!

Nancy G said...

Absolutely beautiful Kelly!!!

jan metcalf said...

Very pretty gifties!

Kim Heggins said...

these are absolutely beautiful...love the fabulous and bold colors!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Jan!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, my dear!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Aww...thank you so much!