Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Taylored Expressions Blender Brush Launch Day 2 {Scream! It's your birthday!}

Welcome to day 2 of the Taylored Expressions Blender Brush Launch! I loved seeing so many fun samples on Instagram from so many talented designers using the Blender Brush set with stencils! Today, we're using the blender brushes in another fun way; Embossing Folders! I'm a sucker for embossing folders; I've loved them ever since I  got my Cuttlebug! Pairing them with ink blending is always a fun way to provide color and texture for your designs!


Don't forget about the special promotion going on until the end of the month, which you can read about in the graphic above. Also, there is free shipping for orders 50 dollars and over until the end of the month! If you order both the brushes and Storage Caddy, you will qualify for the free gift as well as free shipping!

I have two cards to share with you today! First up is this tone on tone ink blended dry embossed background card featuring the cute Little Monsters Stamp and Die combo. To begin, I embossed the teal panel using the adorable Streamers Embossing Folder in my Cuttlebug. Once that was done, I used the new Blender Brushes to enhance the raised embossed portion by gently rubbing the brush over the top. I also added some heavier blending around the edges to help define the perimeter. I added a light spritz or two of Shimmer Spray for some shine!

I kept the layout simple so that the embossed detail could shine! I stamped the images in black and then colored them with Copic markers.I added some white gel pen dots to the orange monster and some teal dots to the blue monster. Once they were colored, I die cut them using the included die cuts in the kit.

The sentiment is heat embossed using white powder onto a black strip of cardstock to really make it pop! I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins here and there for some shine!


For my second card, I created an ink blended background on a panel of white cardstock. I used some fun monsteresque colors that I felt would enhance these fun images! This layout is almost identical to the first card, but this time I stamped the sentiment on white using black ink.
I did the ink blending first and then used the Streamers Embossing Folder. I love how different each card looks depending on which technique is used! I made some similar cards back when these cute stamps were released, but by adding the ink blended embossed portion, it really helps make this simple design pop!


I added some Crystal Glaze to the monster's nose and the eyes on the other card. This one got a few sequins as well for some detail and shine! Tomorrow will be the last day of the launch, so make sure you stop by again tomorrow for one last way to use these amazing new brushes! Thanks for fluttering by!


2 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Your cards are fabulous, Kelly! LOVE the way the embossed and blended backgrounds make those monsters stand out bigger than life!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Cindy! You're so sweet!