Thursday, June 20, 2019

Inspired By...Bright and Cheery!

I've been a little MIA lately when it comes to the Inspired By Challenge so I'm happy to be back today for this week's fun challenge! I mentioned recently that I have a TON of cards in my stash, which lets me know that I haven't been really great about sending them out! I'm hoping to remedy that and send some out for the next #mailitmonday! 

For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the colors and fun geometric patterns. I knew that some fun Reverse Confetti stamps and papers would be just the ticket! I also chose a "bright and cheery" sentiment to keep with the theme!

To begin, I stamped most of the images from the Floral Gem stamp set in black and then used Copic markers to color them. I used the coordinating Floral Gem Confetti Cuts to die cut everything. I also stamped the sentiment in the middle of focal image in black, which is from the Sentimental Gems stamp set

For the background, I used the Diagonal Stitches Cover Panel to die cut the white piece. I layered one of the green and white geometric printed paper from the Pattern Play 6 by 6 paper pad over the top of the white panel. The darker green paper is from the Fun Times 6 by 6 pattern paper pad and I layered that horizontally over the top of the other paper. I used my sewing machine to add a line of zig zag stitching at the bottom of the green paper. 

Once all of the papers were in place, I was able to get started arranging the die cut pieces onto the card. I also added some white nuvo drops around the focal image for some extra detail and dimension.

I used the black sentiment strip to "ground" the card since it had so many light colors going on. The sentiment, which is from the Word Up stamp set, is heat embossed with white powder and then added using foam squares. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for some shine. I had a lot of fun creating this "bright and cheery" card! I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

great shapes in the background and I love the sentiments and your wreath of flowers!

~amy~ said...

so super PRETTY

Mrsfish02 said...

Love everything in day 1 peeks... that paper pad looks awesome and that amazing butterfly, oh my. Can't wait for tomorrow.