Monday, August 20, 2018

SugarPea Designs Release Day 1-To Infinity and Beyond

I'm so excited to be here for day 1 of the August SugarPea Designs release! I have had a ball creating a lot of samples for all of the adorable and amazing stamps and dies that are being released this month! I hope that you like them as much as I do! Don't forget to head to the SugarPea Designs Blog to see what the rest of the designers have come up with! Also, the shop has a brand-new look that you'll want to check out as well. I added the link above!
Image may contain: text
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.

For my first card, I am using the new "To Infinity and Beyond" stamp set as well as the new "Star Dust" die. These images are so much fun to color and the stardust die??? Amazing! I have used it quite a bit this week, so stay tuned each day to see how versatile it is! For this card, I created an unexpected "galaxy" background using Distress Oxide inks in Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, and Black Soot. I wanted it to have an "earthly" feel, but also galactic, if that makes any sense! LOL! Once the background was blended, I used the "Star Dust" SugarCut to die cut the star pattern. I also added some black paint splatters for some added detail.


I matted the blended background onto a piece of black cardstock that had been cut using the largest of the Zig Zag stitched rectangles. I used foam squares so that you could get a sense of space through the die cut stars.

I heat embossed the "Hope your birthday is out of this world" sentiment using silver powder. I made sure that the blended background was dry before I added the powder so that it wouldn't stick.

The images are stamped in Palette Black ink and then colored using an assortment of alcohol markers. I used the coordinating "To Infinity and Beyond" die cuts to cut them out.

I had so much fun creating this scene. The pieces are attached using foam squares. The space boy is matted onto a circle that has been die cut using the Zig Zag stitched circles.

My second card is similar in nature, but I added in that sweet little space pup as well as some extra stars. I love all of the sweet sentiments that are included in this set.

I used the Card Front Element Builder SugarCuts to create the scalloped panel as well as the stitching around the white piece that it is matted on. I use these on almost every card that I create for SugarPea Designs as you will see this week! LOL!


I forgot to mention that I used Crystal Glaze and some chunky glitter on the stars in the last card as well as this card. The cluster of small stars just has the Crystal Glaze.

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver for some added detail. I also added some extra Crystal Glaze here and there on the die cuts for added detail. Join me here again tomorrow for Day 2 of the release! Thanks for fluttering by!

24 comments:

Sue D said...

So cute. These would be perfect for my grandson's space themed birthday party.

Karen Day said...

These are really gorgeous, Kelly!

Cynthia Evanoff said...

Hooray for crystal glaze! The background dies are perfect and I am looking forward to seeing them in use again,

Mary-Anne V said...

This is a great design for these cute stamps.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling astronaut kids, Kelly! So fun with the stardust!!

sharon g said...

SO cute--I love the planets!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

adorable cards - love these images:)

Karthikha said...

These are wonderful cards!! I love them :)

MadeByMeghanK said...

These are TOO SWEET! I love how you colored them... softer colors! BEAUTIFUL

Heather said...

OH, these are so adorable!! I love that star trail; so fun!!

Dana M said...

Fantastic cards! Adorable images so wonderfully layered. Amazing backgrounds.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful and funny cards!!!

ocean-dreamer said...

I love these guys! Very cute cards!

Jen P said...

Fun cards! Terrific job coloring them and I love the little details on the small stars!

Nunzia Carusio said...

I can't choose my favourite card between them! Cute and so beautiful colours!

Andre M. said...

Great placement of elements on these cute cards. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Mary Holshouser said...

Darling cards.
I love the little space kids.
The faces on the planets
make them so cute.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cyndi said...

Love these fun cards. Both of the sets in this release and perfect for grandmothers like me!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for all the inspiration using SugarPea new products release. I like this great design.

Amy M. said...

Out of this world cards <3

Cindy Holmes said...

Oh wow your cards are just soooooo amazing! the color blended backgrounds are just gorgeous! and your coloring is fantastic too!

Jeanetta said...

The cards are fun and great! Wonderful coloring, design, and backgrounds.

AndreaH said...

It's amazing how you've all got the same stamps and dies on this hop yet every card and tag is so different. Loving the green stary top card. TFS xx

Parker said...

These are two great space-y cards. I love this set. I make a lot of kid cards.