Monday, August 13, 2018

Reverse Confetti-Happy Birthday, Jen!

It's a fun day around here! It's the amazing Jen del Muro's birthday and the Confetti Crew has put together a fun SURPRISE Blog Hop for her! Happy Birthday, my friend!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! You are an inspiration to so many and have touched our lives for good!

Before I dive into the details about my card, don't forget to hop along to the rest of the crew's blogs for some added surprise birthday designs!

Amy Kolling

Melissa Phillips

Amy Sheffer

Tricia Barber 

Kelly Lunceford

Lisa Henke

Amy Rohl

Heather Hoffman

Amy Tsuruta

Kathy Schweinfurth

Audrey Tokach

Jeanne Jachna

Olga Moss




I wanted to think of a fun/clever way to incorporate this particular sentiment from the Birthday Wishes Stamp Set. I really like how the word "big" is accentuated! So....why not make a BIG candle???? I was hoping that my big idea would translate onto paper and I think it did! The sunrays from the My Sunshine Confetti Cuts created the perfect "flame" for the candle!

I added a big, gold gem to the middle of the candle for some extra detail and sparkle! A large strip of pattern paper from the Cue the Confetti 6 by 6 paper pad was the perfect candle! I just love all of the bright, fun prints in this pad!


The Stitched Rays Coverpanel is the perfect backdrop for this big candle! It looks like the flame is radiating from the candle! The sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto a strip of black cardstock. I cut the white piece slightly smaller so that I could mount it onto a Iced Aqua A2 card base using foam squares. I also spritzed the entire thing with shimmer spray before I added the sentiment strip. Happy Birthday, Jen! Make a BIG wish! Hugs, Kelly! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Oh yes, this is so much fun!