Monday, July 16, 2018

Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash {Little Baby-Big Love}


 Hello, friends! I'm sharing some sweet baby cards today for the Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge! Have you had a chance to play along this month? If you are need of some baby cards, this would be a perfect time to join us! Also, the winner will receive a $20 Reverse Confetti Gift Certificate! Honestly, I don't think I have a single baby card in my stash, so this is timely for me as well! I couldn't resist making two card for this challenge; one boy, one girl! I enjoyed creating these two different cards, but using some of the same stamps and sentiment.
I absolutely love this particular sentiment from the Lots To Say sentiment set. I thought it would be super cute paired with the sweet little whale from the Seaside stamp set. This is one of my favorite stamp sets of all time and the whale has been so versatile! I think it look so cute stamped in both the Piggy Bank ink as well as the Mist. I did add a dot of black ink in the whites of the whale's eye using a fine tip black marker. You can see this detail a little bit better on the close ups of each individual card.

I used a few of the new release goodies on this particular design! I'm in LOVE with the new Geo Panel Confetti Cuts. I die cut it 3 times and glued them together with liquid glue. I love how it looks stacked up like this;it reminds me of intricate wall molding. I layered that onto a rectangle of white cardstock and then mounted that onto a cute, neutral piece of pattern paper from the Pattern Play 6 by 6 pad. I did some zig zag machine stitching down the right side for some added detail. I usually always give handmade sewn gifts, so it is fun to include that into my cards as well. The sentiment for this card is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of vellum and secured to the back of the pattern paper using scotch tape.

I layered that onto an A2 cardbase using Piggy Bank cardstock. I almost kept this entire card neutral, but I just love the hint of pink around the edges and of course, that sweet pink whale!


You can see the shine of the embossed sentiment in this photo. I also wanted to add just a hint of femininity, so I stamped one of the floral images from the new Elegant Florals stamp set. I didn't use this particular image during the release, so I was excited to use it on this card. I stamped it in Stone Ink to match the pattern paper. I love how soft and sweet it looks added to the card.

The boy card was equally fun to make. It is simpler in design and details, but I think it is just perfect for a sweet baby boy. To begin, I used the Stitched Rays coverplate on a piece of Mist Cardstock. It gives is just a hint of detail around the edges that I just love. I used it on THIS card, too! I added a piece of pattern paper from the Warm Hearts 6 by 6 paper pad. I just love this particular pattern and thought it would work nicely for a baby card.

I used the Dashed Line Tag as the backdrop for the whale. I also added a few Nuvo drops for added detail. The tag is tied up with some hemp cord. I like the extra nautical detail it gives this design. It actually looks like rope when you see it close up.


The sentiment for this card is heat embossed in silver as well, but this time I used a piece of white cardstock. I adhered it to a slightly larger piece as well and then added some machine stitching. I mentioned on the girl card that I like to make handmade sewn gifts, so that extra detail always ties in nicely. I'm so excited to have 2 new cards for my stash! I hope you'll join us! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

sabell said...

These are so cute! Just love all your details. How do you find time to make anything with 5 kids? God Bless you dear. I know it must be hard because I’m the oldest of 5 and I remember a hectic childhood. LOL!