Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Mix it Up Challenge #40 {Congratulations}

Thanks for joining me today! I'm sharing a sweet card I made using this month's Mix it Up challenge over on the SugarPea Designs Blog! I couldn't wait to use some of the new products from the Winter release last week! Did you place your order? I hope so, because there are SO many must-haves for every stamper! I have an annoying habit of NEEDING to play with both sides of the challenge! LOL! I feel it really stretches me as a designer and I want to be "all in" so to speak! Ha ha! And...to be honest, both sides are pretty awesome!


For my card, I used the newly released Topiary Garden and the coordinating dies. I just love how these topiaries look popped up for maximum detail and effect. All of my color cues are from the inspiration photo. I probably would NEVER have come up with this card if it wasn't for the challenge, which is why I love them so much! I also used the Large Stripes Coverplate as well as the new Card Front Element Builders. The patter papers are from the ever-useful Spots and stripes Pastel paper pad.

This card proved VERY difficult to photograph for some reason, but I did my best. I literally took gobs of pictures with different light, but they all looked pale and washed out. Must be something in the air! LOL!This was super fun to create and I hope you get a chance to join us this month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again with the pink. I hate that I love this because I so can't bring pink cards together well. Beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Lovely card...so beautiful.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes...I do seem to be on a pink kick! LOL! Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Kim! I appreciate you stopping by!