Welcome to this month's installment of the Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! Grab a cuppa and relax as we hop along for some fabulous Christmas inspiration!
I'm sharing a project today that is a little unconventional, only in the fact that it isn't actually finished. Let me explain. Last year, before I decided to start my monthly Keeping Christmas series, I had put together a project that really was a lifesaver this past holiday season. I had created a set of 6 boxes and coordinating tags that would be stored flat and unassembled until I needed them. I was able to quickly put them together when I needed them, which ended up being a last minute treat box for the secretaries at my boys' school. I decided to make a new set of boxes this year.
All of the supplies I am using for today's project are from Papertrey Ink and I will link the supplies that I use throughout the post. To begin, I created the coordinating tags. I stamped them onto Stamper's Select White cardstock using Pure Poppy Ink for the red portion and Palette Noir ink for the "sweetest Christmas" sentiment. I used the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set and coordinating dies for this project. Once they were all stamped, I used a circle punch to cut them and then a circle die to cut out the larger pink circle. Before I assembled the two circles together, I added an eyelet and some Pure Poppy Baker's Twine. When I was organizing my studio, I realized just how many eyelets I own and these tags are the perfect place to use them! I just love how they give the tags a polished look.
As much as I love getting two boxes from one piece of cardstock, it just isn't possible with a box of this size. The front panel is 3 3/4 inch with the sides measuring 1 1/2. You can see here that I have them all scored, folded and cut. I also added some ScorTape on the edges and bottom so that I don't even have to fuss with that when I am ready to put them together. I will only need to remove the backing on the tape and assemble them. The base of the box is made using Kraft cardstock and the die cuts are mounted onto a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock that has been die cut using the Mix and Mat Scallops Die.
I did all of my cutting first and then got to work stamping all of the images. I added the white steam and peppermint stripe along the bottom BEFORE I adhered the cups using Fresh Snow ink. The other little peppermint twists stamped in white, were added after everything else for proper placement.
I bought the cello bags, and the ribbon so that they will be ready to go! There's nothing worse then getting ready to put a project together and realize that you don't have the right supplies!
Since everything is flat, it is really easy just to slip it all into a ziploc bag for protection and to keep all of the little pieces together! I hope you enjoyed this project and thanks for fluttering by!
ETA: Here is a sketch of how to create your own box! Once you have it scored, cut the vertical black lines at the bottom up to the solid horizontal line so you can assemble the box. Remove the small piece just under the side tab that I X-ed out.