Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Challenge #88- Just a little birthday HELLO!


Hello and welcome to a new challenge! This is something new to try~Keywords! Isn't that fun? I really liked putting this card together using the keywords. You can use as many or as few as you'd like; the choice is yours! I can't wait to see what you come up with! You can find all of the details HERE! This will be a 2 week challenge so have fun! You can also see what the other fabulous designers have come up with as well.
When I read the word "watercolour" my mind automatically went to Hello Lovely from Concord and 9th. I just love this set, but I have only inked it up once on THIS card. I love using watercolors mixed with heat embossing, but this time I decided to emboss it using white powder instead for a softer feeling. I knew it would make the bright colors really POP!
I colored the image using and assortment of bright colors that go nicely together. I used a few greens, pinks, yellow, mustard and blue. I used an aquapainter... I really like using this tool because I have a lot of control with the water flow, which is beneficial to me.
The "just a little" and "HELLO" sentiments are both included in the Hello Lovely stamp set. I heat embossed both of them using white powder onto a black square...because that is one of the keywords. ha ha! Since one of the other words is "birthday" and the set doesn't include one, I had to go to my stash to find something that would work.Stylish Sentiments: Birthday had the perfect thing!~ I just used a black marker to select just the "birthday" portion and I stamped it onto a strip of Hawaiian Shores card stock.
I adhered the black sentiment square onto a larger square of vellum for a soft, translucent effect. I just love how it looks. I also added a few Sparkling Clear Sequins onto the center of the focal image for shine. 
I added some soft bluish grey watercoloring to the outside edges of the floral piece. It really helps to give definition to the florals and leaves. It also helps define the white embossed flecks that are part of the floral image. 

The entire watercolor panel was trimmed to 4 by 5 1/4 and then adhered to a black A-2 card base for extra definition.A simple bow of True Black Baker's Twine finishes the design off. I had a lot of fun working on this design and I hope you will all get a chance to play! I'll be sharing my June "Keeping Christmas" project on the 25th with a preview on Instagram @kellylunceford on the 24th! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is positively dreamy, Kelly!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous water coloring, really makes your flowers look so beautiful.

Colleen said...

Beautifully colored card! Stunning really!!

ChristineCreations said...

What a beauty Kelly! You watercolouring is dreamy and inviting!

Notes by Nina said...

So beautiful, your flowers are gorgeous.

Anita said...

This is gorgeous Kelly! Love the white embossing - it really makes your flowers pop! I'm going to have to give that a try.

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this is stunning! I absolutely love this card. I just keep staring at it. Your watercoloring is so pretty! I need a lesson! So happy to be working with you! XX