Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Beautiful YOU

Hello! I'm popping in today with a sweet little design for my darling daughter. She is headed to Girls Camp with our church youth group this week and the parents were asked to write a letter to their daughter. I couldn't resist using the awesome Beautiful You set of dies for today's design.
To begin, I sponged an assortment of inks onto a piece of 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper. After that was done, I spritzed some water onto the paper using a spray bottle. I did tack it down to some paper board using washi tape so it wouldn't buckle too badly. I wasn't sure how much water I would be adding to achieve the desired look, so I did it just in case.
While the watercolor paper was drying,I got to work creating the heart embellishments. The heart is included in the die set. I don't actually own the coordinating stamp set, so I created the entire design just using the dies. Each heart was die cut 5 times and then glued on top of each other. After they were glued, I applied a generous helping of Glossy Accents for some glossy shine. I guess I just couldn't resist adding it since I skipped it on my Father's Day cards! LOL! Don't they look so perfectly juicy?!?
After the paper was dry, I die cut the "beautiful" portion from the watercolor piece. I placed it so I would have enough room to die cut the "YOU" sentiment as well, but I didn't die cut that at this time. I placed the watercolor piece onto a rectangle of pink card stock that coordinated with the ink and hearts. 
After that was done, I die cut the "YOU" portion and created a little shaker using hot pink sequins. Just a little touch, but super fun for a teenage girl.I placed the watercolor cut out of "beautiful back into the recessed portion. I was planning on just leaving it like that, but after photographing the card it looked flat, so I decided to die cut an additional piece using white card stock...it was just what the design needed. I left it slightly askew so that you could still see the watercolor portion as well.
I might have had a little too much fun adding the heart embellishments, sequins and Nuvo Drops but I really tried to keep them balanced. The hearts were attached using liquid glue as well as the sequins.
I added drops of clear and gold Nuvo Drops in varying sizes for extra interest. The finishing touch is a strip of gold washi tape along the bottom. I hope she likes it. She kept asking me while I was making it who it was for and I just said a friend who could use it! Ha ha! Won't she be surprised when she opens it up at Camp? Thanks for fluttering by! 

P.S. Join me Thursday for this week's The Challenge challenge. It's a fun one! I had a lot of fun working on my design!

2 comments:

Deb S said...

So pretty! Love the color and glossy hearts! I'm sure that your daughter will love this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful You! Love this and love the Nuvo drops.