Saturday, May 21, 2016

So grateful for you

 I've been busy as a little bee making cards for a bridal shower gift. The invitation asked to bring a favorite recipe instead of a card. Hmmmm....well, that really put a damper on things. No card? I was really scratching my head trying to come up with a way to break the rules and bring a card anyway. Voila! I decided to make cards as part of the gift! I went to the store and bought an under the bed wrapping paper organizer, wrapping paper rolls, tissue paper, ribbon, gift sacks, scissors and tape. The fun part? Getting to make cards to match every gift sack and gift enclosure tags to coordinate with every roll of wrapping paper. Once that was done, I was having so much fun I decided to make some thank you and thinking of you cards as well.  When I was finished with that, I decided that she could probably use some gift card holders; 4 masculine and 4 feminine. Whew! It has been a card making/crafting marathon! I've had SO much fun, though. My family? not so much. My house? not so much. I finally took some time today to catch up on some much needed house work.


 Today's card is one of the thank you cards that she will be getting. I bought a pad of pattern paper that I used for all of my kids' teacher's end of year gifts. I will share those soon, too. I didn't start this project until those were ALL done! I had a lot of fun on those, too. Rhys had his last day of preschool on Wednesday so two of them have already been delivered. Anyway, this paper is from that same pad and I really enjoyed working with it. I love how the blues, kraft and gold look together.




So...what I am trying to say is that I have A LOT of cards to share with you. I will also make sure and post some of the projects that I have made previously and not shared as well. I still have all of my teacher appreciation goodness to share with you, too. Thanks for fluttering by!


5 comments:

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

Simply gorgeous, as always Kelly! Can't wait to see all the rest of your "creative marathon"!!

Debra said...

What a beautiful card, and I love the colors! That's a great idea for a gift - so clever Kelly!

jan metcalf said...

This PTI set never goes out of style! Great look!

Sandy said...

That is so beautiful. Looks like something an interior designer would love to send to a client!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! And that non-card gift sounds fabulous!! :-)