Friday, May 6, 2016

{Mom} you mean the world to me

 I've been up to my eyeballs in Teacher Appreciation stuff ALL week, but now that it is FINALLY over, I thought I would share the card I made for my mom for Mother's Day. It was so nice to switch gears and work on something pretty, pink and feminine...perfect for a Mother's Day design.  I made a coordinating pillow box which you can see at the bottom of the post.


 The flowers were all diecut from assorted dies from MFT. It was actually weird cutting them from paper since I generally use felt. They work up so fast when they're paper and hold their shape really well.I added a halfback pearl to the center of the daisy.  The leaves were diecut from Kraft cardstock and then heat embossed with gold for a pretty, vintage effect. I love how they turned out.



The focal piece was diecut using a Spellbinders die and then heat embossed using the "Vintage Labels" set from PTI. The scripted die as well as coordinating stamp set were also used from PTI.  I used one of the blush doilies I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I love how it looks peeking from behind the label.


The background was dry embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder and then I added a few brushed gold sequins for some extra shine.  I had an extra flower so I made a quick pillow box for a gift card to accompany her gift. The sentiment is very old from SU!but I thought it tied in nicely with the card. I love how everything turned out! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Ahhhhh Kelly, this is a beautiful set! I always use pink as well for my mom's mothers day card. She loves it! You're ahead - I'll be doing mine tomorrow! Hope you have a great Mother's Day, and thanks for sharing!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Loving the layers and textures and the gold!

jan metcalf said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU Kelly!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!Your mom will love it. Happy Mothers day to you.

Sharon Wheet said...

beautiful, as always. I just love your work. Thank you for letting us know what you used, to create such a masterpiece. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Really like how you mix old and new products on the same card.

Josiane