Sunday, May 1, 2016

A {Bee} in my Bonnet~ Secretaries Day Luncheon

 I decided to switch gears and show you what I have been up to the last week or two. I will share the other masculine cards I promised but I was so excited to share all of the fun things I put together for the secretaries at my son's school for "Administrative Professionals Day". We had a "bee" evening at church in March and I helped decorate and made some bee tags for the favors. I didn't quite get the bee theme out of my system so I decided to continue with it for the secretaries. Last year I did a strawberry theme which was super fun, too.



 You can see the honeycomb detail at the bottom of the invitation here. I thought they turned out cute. I really liked the vellum overlay which softened the whole look. I know that was super popular in the early 2000's but I thought it worked nicely with this.
 I do apologize for the photos. I was so excited to get photos taken but by this point, I had teachers coming into the lounge to eat their lunch and I realized later my camera was on LANDSCAPE! GRRRR....I was NOT happy. I worked so hard on everything and then my pictures didn't turn out. At least you can get the overall feel of the luncheon.




Here is a photo of the cupcakes I shot before I headed down to the school. The toppers were made by stamping the bee image which is from Anna Griffin onto kraft cardstock and then attaching it to a gold glitter paper hot glued onto tooth picks. I ended up not liking how the frosting cam out on the swirls..it was KILLING my hand because it was so thick and I didn't have control. I switched to the cute little peaks which you can see in the left corner. I added edible glitter and silver balls for some fun sparkle.



 I ordered these adorable honey jars from amazon but I didn't like the blue gingham lid so I added some gold foil candy wrappers (found in the candy making section of Hobby Lobby) attached with black baker's twine.
 I was so happy to use some of my "pins" from Pinterest for the cute honeycomb printable on the bulletin easel and the awesome food signs. I actually ended up tailoring my menu around the printables since they were so cute. If you would like the links to any of these, just comment and I will add them. The notebook tags below were printables as well.
 I love this quote so much: The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others. I thought that was so fitting for the cute secretaries. I decided to make some book marks which are super hard to see. I had a lot of fun putting this luncheon together. The teachers were super jealous but I assured them that they would be getting all kinds of fun things during teacher appreciation week which starts tomorrow. Look for a post recapping all of that fun next weekend! Thanks for fluttering by!

11 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Excellent work! I used to do teacher appreciation on a monthly basis at the kids school. It too is a lot of work, and doing for others! The honey bee is a great theme!

Cindy Otto said...

What a darling theme! You really go all out and I'm sure the secretaries appreciated all you do. The decorations, food and gifts were so perfectly coordinated. Great job, Kelly. Love your blog.

Amy Rohl said...

Kelly, this is just amazing and so heart-felt! I bet they enjoyed every bit of it!!

Unknown said...

What a great job you did. I would like the pinterest links for the bee themed print outs. Thanks.

Sue Jensen

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a fun idea! I would definitely love to see your links

Anonymous said...

Excellent fun! Love the whole theme. Nice to have you back!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I'll add the links in the next few days.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a beautiful spread, so many wonderful details, I bet they loved it all!

Sharon Wheet said...

what a wonderful 'gift' - I know they realize all the work that goes into making all of this! (and I'm not counting the food)
you are a super star!

Shelly said...

Wow, what a great way to show your appreciation! Everything is just gorgeous!
Great job!
Shelly

Jen said...

This turned out so fantastic!! The school my son attends has started doing lunches for the staff and teachers on Parent-Teacher conference days and a thank you lunch during Teacher appreciation week. I will definitely be keeping these ideas in mind for the next time I'm asked to help/assist. Thanks so much for sharing.