Thursday, May 26, 2016

{HAPPY} birthday!

 HAPPY...that one word pretty much sums up how I am feeling! We had a health scare with my 2 year old on Monday that led to days of worry, but everything is FINE! I am so relieved and thankful for the prayers of so many friends and family! I thought it would be fitting to share this card with you. This was the last card I made for the bridal shower gift and really a last minute addition. I had to go back to the store to get a tub and basket to package everything up in and one last gift sack caught my eye. So...with that being said, the glossy accents is still extremely WET in the pictures and looks like it is bubbled, but it dried perfectly!




 For the HAPPY letters, I die cut them out of cardstock that matched the gift sack as well as I could. You can see the sack with the card at the bottom of the post. I cut each letter 5 times and glued them together with liquid glue. Once they were somewhat dry, I added the glossy accents.
 I cut strips of matching paper and added some white ink to the edges to give the appearance of paint. I also drug a dry paint brush through the white ink and then applied it to each strip to give it a painted look. I didn't trust my watercoloring skills in such a hurried project. I think the strips turned out just fine. The birthday sentiment was one I have had for a while...from PTI. When it was all said and done I wished I had used a bolder sentiment, but it was too late and I needed to GO! Ha ha!







You can see the finished product with the coordinating sack. I think it turned out great and now I am thinking of all kinds of ways to incorporate this same look into future projects! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Kelley. what a cute idea and very clean lines!

Debra said...

Glad to hear your 2 yo is ok now. Your card is so nice and matches your bag pretty good! I have been busy helping my son with homework and I can't wait to get past that and onto some cards!