Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Happy For You!

A friend of mine down the street is having twins; a boy and a girl! Isn't that fun? I can only imagine how hard twins are, but having a boy and a girl just seems so fun. I went shopping the other day and got her a couple of outfits for her babies. I wrapped them in some fun jungle baby paper that included giraffes, so of course I needed to use "Wild about You". The giraffe stamp was almost identical to the giraffe image on the paper.

After I stamped the giraffes, I added some color in the circles rather than keeping them white. I also added some crystal stickles to a few of the larger circles for some added dimension. The sentiments are all from "Nursery Necessities" stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. I thought about using some scraps of the wrapping paper for the background, but since I had already crumpled it up, I decided to go with this instead. I haven't used it much and it seemed perfect for the occasion.




I hope she doesn't mind getting one gift and one card for her babies. I thought about wrapping the stuff separately and making two different cards, but I was good just to get one done. I had my husband walk it down to her house yesterday evening to find out that she thought she was going in to labor. Oh my! My husband asked if she needed anything, but help was on the way! I can't wait to hear if all is well! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

This raffie is one of my favorite images for baby cards. Fabulous job on the twins card! I'm sure she will love it!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and yes, a boy/girl sounds like fun (for someone else....) I can't imagine anyone wouold be upset about one gift/one card as it is such a lovely handmade card and the gift is from the heart. It doesn't take more than that.

Kathy Martin said...

It's a girl! It's a boy! It's super that's what! Love those adorable little giraffs! And the colorful buttons! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

How cute, and how fun for them...I think, lol!!

papertrails leaver said...

how absolutely adorbale!

Mary said...

This card is just gorgeous Kelly, but then I think all of your creations are wonderful.
Mary

Dawn Easton said...

This is just the CUTEST Kelly! I'm sure she will squeal with delight when she receives this!

Allison said...

So cute! Love the little "it's a boy" and "it's a girl" sentiments peeking!