Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. {S} SFYTT

Have I told you how much I love weddings? Probably not, but I do...I really do! I had so much fun planning and preparing for my own wedding and I would absolutely love to be a wedding planner. I am always thrilled when we receive a wedding invitation. Unfortunately, my son and husband will not be able to attend the reception with us, but Rowan, Emma and I will go. Of course I need a card and this week's fabulous {SFYTT} sketch by Jen is perfect.


I knew that I wanted to really make the circle image a big focal point and then work the rest of the details into the other embellishment areas. I also knew that I wanted to use this paper from "The Paper Studio". I pulled out my trusty Heart Prints stamp set and got to work. I love how the clock made a perfect backdrop for the two stamped hearts. I don't have many wedding stamp sets, but I knew that this reliable "Mr. and Mrs." sentiment from Stampin' Up! would work nicely to pull the two hearts together.



I am a big fan of monogramming. I think it is really classy and especially fitting on a wedding card. I used this alphabet for the "S" and this stamp set for the border around the "S". I punched it out along with a couple of other circles for some added interest. Since I had worked the clock into my design, I computer generated the sentiment that tied it all together. I was especially excited to use this ribbon that I have had for a couple of years. I have used it on a couple of other projects, but it was absolutely perfect for this card. Don't you love it when that happens? I added some silver gems to finish it off. Now all I have to do is get the gift! LOL! I have something in mind that I spied the other day.

You won't want to miss the other gal's creations!
Jen Del Muro and New August Designer
Amy Rohl
Susan Liles
Amy Sheffer
Leigh O' Brien,
Jenn Diercks,
Amber Hight
Megan Lock
Sony Christoph
Jodi Collins
CAROLE
Thanks for fluttering by!

18 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

So yummy, fancy and delightful all rolled into one, Kelly!

Amy Rohl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jan metcalf said...

WOW!

Kathy Martin said...

This is gorgeous! So elegant! :)

Anonymous said...

terrific ideas - I have so many September anniversaries to make cards for and these ideas will work great!

Amy Sheffer said...

Incredible, Kelly! Sheer elegance!!

papertrails leaver said...

elegant and classy! The layers to this card are amazing! Hope you have a great time at the wedding!

ChristineCreations said...

OOOO how classy Kelly! That vellum clock is just stunning!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love it!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS Kelly! LOVE the colors and papers! The stamps you used are FAB and I ADORE the computer generated sentiment!!

Jenn Diercks said...

I love the colors on your card. It's so rich and elegant looking. The hearts on the clock are fantastic and the sentiment does pull them together perfectly.

Ashley Newell said...

What a super pretty card! I love all your design elements and the pretty papers! I really love how you can use all those layers, I have a hard time with that. I'll have to come back to your blog and see if I can find more inspiration on that.

Melody said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful combination of embellishments.

Amber Hight said...

So gorgeous! Love how you clustered the hearts and sentiment, so beautiful:)

Stef Perry said...

So gorgeous, Kelly!!!

Rose said...

I think this is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. The details are awesome!!!

Beverly said...

This is so lovely!
I bought that same paper--don't you love it!

My Little Hobby said...

Kelly, the computer generated "for time and all eternity" is gorgeous. How did you cut it out? What an amazing card!