Tuesday, January 22, 2008

S.S. Valentine's Day


I loved this set when it first came out last year, but I don't use it very much! I thought it would be perfect for Today's Color Challenge on Splitcoast. The colors to use were Real Red, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky. I thought they were perfect nautical colors. I watercolored the image with re-inkers and an aquapainter. I cut out the heart and mounted it with dimensionals. I alos added a layer of stickles on the waves and around the heart for some interest. I was also excited that I got to use my new real red striped grosgrain ribbon.


Also, stay tuned today for *another* sneak peek of some great images from The Saltbox Studio. If you notice on my side bar, I included a link to all of the design team members so you can see their sneak peeks, too!

3 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

So cute! Love that ribbon with it too!

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW! This is totally an awesome and detailed card!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Awesome card Kelly! these colors screamed nautiucal to me too! Too bad my set is at Moms!LOL!