Hello and welcome, friends! It's such a wonderful day; it's day 1 of full reveals for the beautiful new collection from The Greetery called The Autumn Edit! I know you'll love it as much as I do! As always, you'll want to head to The Greetery Blog for the official "meet and greet" for each of the products being showcased today. Also, make sure to leave a comment here, and on each of the designers' blogs, for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards to the shop!
My first card for today features the latest addition to the Shortbread Shapes family: Shortbread Shapes: Autumn Embossing Folder. This folder is designed to work with the previously released Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Die. I've also used the beautiful new Simple Autumn Mini Sentiments and these work perfectly with the Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Labels Die.
To begin, I cut a piece of China White cardstock using the Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Die; I lined the outer die and the inner grid die together on my magnetic shim and then cut it out. I also cut out nine pieces using the smaller die included in the same set from Sweet Blush cardstock and then added some Autumn Rose ink around the edges for depth. Once that was done, I glued them to the grid with an adhesive tape runner. I embossed it using the new Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Autumn embossing folder. I used the same configuration of dies to cut the Autumn Rose border, but used an exacto knife to trim it to be just the frame. I used the same embossing folder and then glued it over the top of the other piece with liquid glue.
I created a wreath by cutting the leaves twice from white cardstock using the previously released Magnolia Wreath Die. I added some yellow, purple, and green ink to give it a realistic autumn look and then spritzed it with fossilized amber distress oxide spray. I layered the two wreaths together and adhered them to the embossed background using foam squares.
The sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto the Ocean Tides label. I used Antique Gold cardstock for the embossed pumpkin in the middle and added it to the label with foam squares.
The finishing touch is a coordinating Antique Gold bow that was cut using the smallest size bow die included in the Regency Bow No. 2 Die. I chose not to make a shaped base for this card, but rather a regular folded base that fits just inside the perimeter of the background taking the curved edges into consideration. I know the width is 4 1/4, but I can't remember what the length is.
My next set of cards uses a few new favorites: Bitty Autumn Botanicals Stamp + Stencil, Simple Autumn Sentiments Stamp Set, Bitty Autumn Botanicals Die, and the new Bigger Autumn Botanicals: Corn Die.
To begin this card, I cut an A2 panel of Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped the details using the Bitty Autumn Botanicals Stamp. This is a red rubber cling mount stamp and allows you to quickly stamp all of the details for each of the tiny images. Once that was done, I used the coordinating stencil collection to add the different colors. I cut them out using the Bitty Autumn Botanicals Die and set them aside.
I cut another A2 panel of cream cardstock and stenciled some antique linen ink using one of the stencils included in the Diamond Foliage Stencil. I cut the overlay using the Diamond Foliage Die from Ocean Tides cardstock and glued it over the top of the stenciled panel with liquid glue. I cut two frames from the same Ocean Tides cardstock using the Frosted Frames Die and glued them over the top. Now, the reason why I cut two was because I had an accident with the first one I glued down, but in the end, I really like the depth it gives the background to have two stacked together (I did it again on purpose on the next card because I liked it so well). I added the focal panel, which follows the same steps as my first card, and then popped up the cute bitty botanical images using foam squares. The finishing touch is an Antique Gold bow cut from the Regency Bow No 1 Die.
I had so much fun with the background on the first card, I decided to make a second to showcase this fabulous new Bigger Autumn Botanicals: Corn Die. I cut the pieces for the corn from white cardstock and then colored them with dye inks and blender brushes. I gave everything a spritz of fossilized amber distress oxide spray and then assembled it with liquid glue and foam squares. I noticed that one of the squares on the new Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Autumn embossing folder showed the corn tied up with a bow, so I modified the Regency Bow No. 2 (linked on card 1) to create something that fit the scale of the corn a bit better.
I hot foiled the label the corn is on using the Oblong Octagon Lables Hot Foil using champagne foil and then cut it out using the Oblong Octagon Labels Die. I heat embossed one of the new Simple Autumn Sentiments onto a piece of Ocean Tides cardstock and then cut it with the coordinating labels die (linked on card 1). The frame is cut from Saffron Spice cardstock and I just love this color combination!
Eep! These new Bigger Autumn Botanicals have STOLEN my heart! I'm obsessed; I had so much fun creating this pair! I probably should have mentioned earlier, but before I made any of my projects, I just had a fun crafty session creating all of these fun gourds, squash, pumpkins, mums, corn, etc. I love having all kinds of options when I'm creating so I love doing some prep work ahead of time because you never know what combination you're going to fall in love with!
All of the pieces are cut from white and then colored with dye inks, and this pale gourd is colored with oxide ink. Once they were colored, I spritzed them with fossilized amber distress oxide spray and let them dry. I also added some white acrylic paint, thinned with water, to the gourd and squash for that realistic look; I'm very pleased with the result!
The mums have a stem and foliage, but I just used them individually here as accents. Both background are created using the previously released Checks Out Stencil. I used Old Paper Distress Oxide ink for the stenciled portion and then used the Tile Style Stamp Set for the details. I used Old Paper Distress Oxide ink, Coastal Blue dye ink, Olive Twist dye ink, So Saffron Dye ink, and Simply Chartreuse dye ink. I used another foiled oblong label to use as a grounding anchor for the gourd and squash. I heat embossed the "garden fresh" sentiment using the Tomato Tomato Stamp Set.
I couldn't resist using the "hello, pumpkin" sentiment with the Bigger Autumn Botanicals: Pumpkin 1 Die. I added a few mums here and there for this card as well.
I embossed a small panel using the Shortbread Shapes: Rectangle Autumn embossing folder to use behind the focal image for added texture and dimension.
I had so much fun creating these cards; this is such a phenomenal release! Join me again tomorrow for day 2 and don't forget to leave a comment here, and on each of the designers' blogs, for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards to the shop! Thanks for fluttering by!
Kelly Lunceford (you are here)
6 comments:
Loving your pumpkin looks! Thank you!
Jan Metcalf
jmetcalf777@gmail.com
Beautiful!
The DT has knocked it out of the park with these beautiful creations that highlight this collection so perfectly.
"Beautiful Fall" is the common thread that ties all of your cards together. Each one is beautiful but I was totally bowled over by the last two, the one that said "garden fresh" and "hello pumpkin" WONDERFUL cards. Thanks for sharing.
I LOVE your backgrounds! All the little fall icons! The gourds and pumpkins are amazing!
Love,love,love how you combined the checked out background with the pumpkins! Cant wait to try that!
Post a Comment