Saturday, September 26, 2026

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome back for day 2 of the September release countdown for Papertrey Ink! My first project for today features the adorable new Cutting Board Tags Die and coordinating stencil! A few years ago I received a neighbor gift at Christmastime that included a cutting board and dishtowel all wrapped up with greenery and ribbon, just like this die allows you to make, but in miniature form! I think this might be my favorite product from the entire release!

I created a treat box using the Scalloped Treat Box Die; this will be perfect to tuck some homemade holiday cookies and my famous caramels for gift giving this upcoming Christmas season! I know it's hard to tell this is a box, but I promise, it is! haha! This project also features the new Made With Love Sentiments stamp/die set!

The coordinating stencil allows you to create the cute patterns on the "dish towels" that tuck behind the bow and greenery/cutlery! 

This cute holly pattern is another option; there are three different patterns total, more if you count the plaid that could be used as stripes instead.

I will be using this as a tag, but not necessarily for Christmas!
For my next project, I wanted to show how easy it is to create focal points for cards; this one is for autumn, but you could change the sentiment and colors and use it year-round!

I cut the "dish cloth" from Canyon Clay cardstock and then used Fresh Snow pigment ink to add the pattern using the Cutting Board Tags Stencil.

The die also includes the cute wooden spoon and fork! So cute! This sentiment is from the Thankful For Fall Sentiments Mini Stamp Set! The pretty mat behind the cutting board is a sneak peek of the new die included in the Reflections series, but I will be showcasing it tomorrow, so you can see the whole thing! ha ha!
My final project for today features the new Holiday Wreath stamp/die set! I must admit, my shimmer spray got the better of me on this card, so please ignore that! ugh! It's frustrating when you've gone to so much work for the spray to have a mind of its own! ha ha! It IS sparkly, though! 

Rather than going with traditional reds/greens, I decided to go with a Coastal Blue/Tropical Teal combo, which I always like!

To begin, I cut all of the pieces for the wreath from white cardstock and then stamped/embossed them. The background is created by foiling a Coastal Blue panel using the Deco Frame Hot Foil Plate with champagne foil. I trimmed it down and then mounted it on to an a2 panel of Tropical Teal cardstock using foam squares.

The Holiday Wreath stamp set includes a few different sentiments that fit onto the ornament. I heat embossed this one in gold.

The entire background is mounted onto a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue. Please join me again tomorrow for the 3rd day of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!







 

No comments: