Sunday, September 13, 2026

Project Inspiration {It Must Be Fall}

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you've all been having a wonderful weekend! My life has been full of football, football, and more football, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love watching my boys play! My sophomore-aged son won his game on Thursday, which was such a relief because he's been feeling really down lately! 
It's my turn for this weekend's Project Inspiration feature for Papertrey Ink! I can definitely feel autumn in the air; the mornings are crisp and the light has changed just enough to let me know it's on its way! My card for today celebrates all of the beauty of autumn with the wood slices, autumn hues, and changing leaves! 

I used a potpourri of products on today's card, but I'll be sharing step-by-step photos and instructions!

Step 1: Cut an A2 panel of Terracotta Tile cardstock. Add the pierced detail around the edges using the Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles Die and blend some Terracotta Tile ink around the four corners. Attach to an A2 card base using liquid glue.

Step 2: Foil a panel of Canyon Clay cardstock with champagne foil using the Filigree Frame Hot Foil Plate. Blend ink around the edges and attached it in the center of the background panel with foam squares.

Step 3: Cut a mat from Rustic White cardstock and attach it in the center of the foiled design with foam squares.

Step 4: Cut and color the wood slices, which are included in the Into the Blooms: Wild Wood Die. Stamp the sentiment, which is from the Larger Than Life: Fall Sentiments Mini Stamp Set. Attach them to the mat using foam squares.

Step 5: Die cut the word "Fall" three times using the Larger Than Life: Fall Die from Scarlet Jewel cardstock and glue them together. Add some Scarlet Jewel ink over the top near the joints of the letters for depth. Add some white acrylic paint splatter. Attach it to the wood slices with thin strips of foam tape.

Step 6: Cut and color all of the flowers and foliage. Give them a generous spritz of fossilized amber distress oxide spray and allow them to dry. The majority of the items are from the Wild Wood set (linked earlier) but I also used leaves and berries from the Into the Blooms: Christmas Sprigs Die. Tuck them here and there until you're satisfied with the arrangement.

Step 7: Add glitter to the flowers and foliage!

I had so much fun creating this card and I hope you enjoy it as well! 

Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: