Saturday, March 23, 2024

Papertrey Ink March Release Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink March release countdown! I have two projects to share with you today; up first is a floral card using the new Into the Blooms: Big Blossom! This is such a fun die set and I know I will be using it often! I paired with a few of the older Into the Blooms dies for some added flair!

To begin, I got to work die cutting ALL of the may pieces from different die sets that I knew I wanted to use. As I mentioned before, the big focal flower is from the new Into the Blooms: Big Blossom, but I also added some leaves from the Into the Blooms: Christmas Sprigs and the flowers from the Into the Blooms: Wreath die set. My next card also uses them because I love them so much!

I used an assortment of Distress Oxide inks to color all of the flowers and leaves. For the background, I just used blender brushes with the same colors as the flowers and leaves and just laid down some color here and there. I used watercolor paper and then just spritzed it with water to get the color moving. I used my heat tool to dry it quickly and then added some of the dark blue ink mixed with water to add the splatter.

I used the largest size in the  Love to Layer: Torn Edges Die to cut out the background panel. I added it to a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares. The "hello" word is from the Pro Stamper's Box: March die collection that was showcased yesterday.

I die cut it three times and glued them together for a sturdy piece and then added glue to the tall points on the h, and both Ls to adhere it to the card. 

My next card is bold and bright and features the new Mother's Day Sentiments. I've already  made two mother's day cards so I chose to use the more neutral "hello, beautiful" sentiment.

I used one of the frames from the Pro Stamper's Box: March and die cut it from Raspberry Fizz cardstock and stacked it three times.

The flowers are from the Into the Blooms: Wreath dies....my favorite!

Join me again for day 3 ! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: