Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Reverse Confetti New Release Blog Hop

I'm thrilled to be participating in the Reverse Confetti new release blog hop! I have 4 projects to share with you today using many of the fabulous new products that are available now! I will include the list of designers participating in the hop at the bottom of this post!  Up first is a bold card using the new Wreath of Joy Confetti Cuts paired with the Center Frame Cover Panel and Joyful Holiday Wishes sentiment set!

I die cut the background of JOY out of white cardstock and then the smaller J and Y out of gold specialty cardstock. The poinsettia portion is die cut from red cardstock twice and then added over the top using foam squares. I almost left it just like this, but in the end, opted to add the heat embossed/ colored image from the Lanterns Stamp Set

I also heat embossed the "Joy to the World" sentiment using gold powder on a strip of vellum. I wrapped it around the black panel and secured it in the back with clear tape for security.

I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some added sparkle. I layered the entire black panel onto an A2 card base using foam squares.

My next card uses the same Cover Panel but this time die cut from white cardstock. I also used the poinsettia portion of the Wreath of Joy and a colorful assortment of the petals to create this colorful card. I was totally inspired by all of the rainbow designs from Laura Bassen; these products were just begging to be used like this! I also heat embossed the "Peace on Earth" sentiment, which is from the "free with $60 purchase" stamp set called Peace Tree

I didn't actually get a chance to use the fun images from that set, but the sentiment worked perfectly with this rainbow design. 

I used Laura's photography style for this card as well....she is a genius and I love her work so much! I really love how she uses two sheets of colored paper to ground her cards, so I thought I'd give it a try with this inspired card! 

To begin, I die cut all of the petal portions using scraps of assorted cardstock colors. I also die cut the base portion out of black. The larger of the  Circle Rays Duo confetti cuts worked perfectly as the backdrop for these pretty petals.

I used liquid glue to attach them in a circle and onto the poinsettia portion as well.  Once that was done, I added it to the Center Frame piece using foam squares. The entire panel was added to a top folding A2 Soft Stone card base.

My last two cards for today use the super fun and clever Lanterns and Lantern Additions stamp set. I created a Christmas card as well as an autumn card using the fun images included in these two sets.

As you can see, I used the fun Circle Rays Duo on this card as well, but this time the smaller of the two. It provided the perfect "shine" for the candle!

I'm head over heels in love with the collection of sentiments included in these two sets as well. I love the mix of the simple font paired with the beautiful scripted words!

I stamped the images in black and then colored them with an assortment of alcohol markers and then die cut them using the Lanterns and Lanterns Additions Confetti Cuts

 I added coarse crystal glitter to the lantern, the foliage as well as the lantern for some holiday shine!

Both cards got some white paint splatter to give the illusion of scattered light.

I placed a sequins directly behind the glow of the candle to help scatter light as well. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins here and there for added detail and shine.

I love blue and white pumpkins, so that is how I colored these two for this "gather together" card. This is such a fun set that I know I will be reaching for often during the holidays! Don't forget to hop along to the other designers' blogs to see the creative ways they've used these products!


 


Enjoy and thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kelly, your work is absolutely amazing. Love all the details!

LIZARD said...

Wow Kelly, stunning work on all levels! Joy is totally right and abounding with this holiday release! Stunning lanterns and I like how you did the glow!

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the design of the first card, and I love the lantern with the greenery!

Stephanie Clapper said...

The main reason I love your blog, besides your writing- is your artistic talent! You create in all style and colors and I LOVE all of your work. Your cards are gorgeous! The first Christmas card is out of this world, AMAZING! We’re very blessed to have an artist like you in our card making world! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š