Sunday, September 13, 2020

Ink to Paper September Release Countdown Day 3



Hello friends! I'm back with a few more projects to share with you for day 3 of the Ink to Paper
September release countdown! Thanks for all of your sweet comments the last two days! You know how to make a girl's day! 

My first card for today uses quite a few new products as well as a few old because I just love them so much! ha ha! Let's talk about this amazing new Border Bling: Joy die! I am in love with the beautiful detail around the edges and the font of the "JOY" word, that is included with the border die. I am showing it as just a panel on this card, but you can see it as an actual frame on one of the cards I'm sharing tomorrow. I also added a bit more depth and detail by adding a Skinny Stitched Frame around the edge using ScorTape.

The "O' Night Divine" sentiment is actually part of a large stamp with more of the lyrics of "O" Holy Night"...it is such a fun stamp and I can't wait to use the whole thing soon! For today I simply used a portion of the stamp to accent this traditional design!

The sweet little reindeer is part of a fabulous new set called Winter Wonder. This is another one that will be needing some immediate attention from me after the release! ha ha! It's such a fun, rustic looking set that will make fabulous holiday AND winter cards all season long!

As you can see, this card got a few sprigs of berries from the Floral Christmas stamp set that I've been using on a lot of my projects. I also used a few of the cute dies from the beloved Tag Creations: Modern Gift die collection. I added some glitter for extra holiday shine!

My next project uses another fun combination of products! First up is the FABULOUS new Scallop Top Gift Bag die! You all know how much I love fun packaging and this one is super cute! My large bow is covering up the scallop detail, but it is there and is super cute!

I mentioned yesterday that I wanted to use more of the images and dies from the Tree Essentials stamp set and this was the perfect opportunity! The branches are die cut from Aqua Mist cardstock and then heat embossed using white powder for an icy look!

These ornaments are super cute and I love the striped detail that you can add using stamps or dies. I chose to die cut them using silver glitter cardstock. The blue one is very reminiscent of a set of ornaments we had on my childhood tree and it's giving me all the feels!

The fun sentiments are from the new Joy Everyday stamp set, which is perfect for Christmas, but just like the name suggests...it works for so many non-holiday occassions!

I chose to heat emboss the JOY portion using silver powder to keep with the cool, icy colors! The "to the world" portion is stamped underneath in black. I kept my box flat until I had all of the stamps and dies attached for ease.

I added some Tinsel glitter to the branches to enhance the icy feel! I also tied some silver cord around the silver hanging portion of the ornaments for added texture and detail! Of course, you know I just HAD to add some sequins as well! A year or so ago, Ellen Hutson asked on her Instagram page what trend people would like to go bye-bye. Someone said sequins.....ummm....NO! I just love adding them to my projects! LOL! 
This concludes day 3 of the countdown! I'm excited for tomorrow's sneak peeks as well, so make sure to stop by! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

9 comments:

Michele said...

I absolutely love your technique in created the icy tree branches - perfection!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Wonderful creations, Kelly! I remember those ornaments, too. In fact, I still have a few. My Mom gave me what she had left when she down-sized. They are full of memories! You are so full of Great ideas for inspiration! Thanks

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous creations! Love the card... such pretty layering of the background die and that awesome deer! Great colors and details!

katrynka said...

So many fantastic cards!! You are always so creative!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you have a few! Christmas nostalgia is the best! ❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Lana Taber said...

Wow! Beautiful and truly inspirational designs! Thank you so much for sharing!