Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Take a bite out of cake!

I fell in love with the super cute new Baby Shark dies and coordinating Sharky Sentiments. They arrived in my mailbox a few days ago and I couldn't wait to use them to put together a few birthday cards! I also got the Two Scoops stamp set, which I'm super excited about. Everything showed up in my mailbox at the same time, but I didn't necessarily think I would use the two together As I was putting these together, I just felt like the ice-cream cone would be super cute in the shark's fin!

To begin these two cards, I cut two panels of Aqua Mist cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I rummaged around in my older and neglected stencils and decided to use the Crossing Waves stencil for something fun and a little bit different. I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and a blender brush to add the ink, leaving it lighter in the center of the panel. I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray and set them both aside to dry while I got to work die cutting the baby sharks. Super easy, super simple die cutting and assembly. I used liquid glue to put everything together. I added a white dot to each eye and then added a layer of Crystal Glaze to each of the eyes as well.

I used foam squares to pop the shark up onto the stenciled background at a jaunty angle. The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto a black strip of cardstock and added to the card front using foam squares as well. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't plan on using the ice-cream cone image, but ice-cream just goes with cake!

I die cut the pieces using theTwo Scoops dies and then used my mini MISTI to do the stamping. I just love these realistic multi step stamps!  I added the cone to the shark's fin using additional foam squares. I'm totally craving ice-cream now! LOL! I added a few dew drops using liquid glue. I always like using embellishments like this on cards like this because it really gives a sea-like quality!

I wanted to use another one of the Sharky Sentiments, so I stamped the inside of each card with the "have a killer birthday" in black ink. Just something simple to continue the shark theme to the inside. 
I have some fun things coming up in the next few days so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Who ever opens this card is getting a real treat! Along with creating a Fabulous ,Fun card is your play on words. What a great imagination you have and I love your design!