Thursday, June 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas {Shaped Tags}

It's the 25th and that means it's time for a new installment of the Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! It's always fun to add a few more projects to my stash each month as each day brings us closer to Christmas! My kids are never too happy when the Christmas music starts playing as I try to get myself in a Christmas mindset! LOL! My 6 year old asked me why I was working on Christmas projects so early and I explained that there just isn't enough time during the holidays to get everything made! He still thinks I'm weird! ha ha!  Make sure you make a stop at each blog to see what Christmas inspiration the other designers have brought us!
Kelly Lunceford (Creator)

For this month's project, I decided to make a collection of shaped tags using some of my larger die cuts and stamps! You can really expand the versatility of some of your Christmas stamps and dies by thinking of them for more than just cards!

The first set of tags uses the fabulous Winter Window stamp set. The size of this is just perfect for a gift tag! To begin these tags, I die cut the back portion of the window, the window pane portion, the ledge and the foliage and bow pieces using the Winter Window Die collection

I heat embossed the snow image onto the back portion of the window using white powder. Once that was done, I added some blue ink blending leaving it darker at the top and having it fade toward the bottom. I spritzed these with Shimmer Spray and set them aside to dry.

I stamped the window frame portion using brown ink. I had every intention of backing these with acetate that had been stamped with the snowy portion, but my poor White StazOn ink was dry! Ack! Oh well....I still think they look cute! I also stamped the foliage and bows and added those using foam squares.

The sentiment barely fit onto the Banner Builder Basics which I heat embossed in white to make it pop! I added a blue eyelet to the top and some baker's twine! I was too lazy to look for a To: From: stamp (hangs head in shame) but you'll want to add that if you're so inclined!
My second tag uses the cute reindeer from the gorgeous Floral Fantasy: Christmas stamp set. The Christmas tree image from this set would also make a fabulous tag! I die cut two reindeer for each tag using the Floral Fantasy: Christmas die collection out of Kraft cardstock. I glued them together using liquid glue.

I stamped them with Pure Poppy ink using my mini MISTI for alignment. I punched a hole to the antlers of each tag and added a gold eyelet and some black baker's twine.

I heat embossed the "NOEL" sentiment using gold powder and then die cut them. I added them to the reindeer using foam squares. There is just enough room on the back to write who it is to and from!

My 3rd and final tag idea for today uses the Twinkling Trees stamp set and coordinating Twinkling Trees die collection. The large size is just perfect for this shaped tag series!

I die cut each large tree out of Kraft cardstock and then again using Simply Chartreuse cardstock. I die cut the stars portion from the green piece and popped it up onto the Kraft base. I heat embossed the Fa La La La La La sentiment using white embossing powder and then used the smaller tree die to die cut them out. These are added to the green portion using foam squares. I pulled out my ancient collection of shaped eyelets to find these silver stars! They are the perfect addition to these tags! I plan on making more shaped tags as I dig through my collection of Christmas stamps! I think they will be perfect on all of my Christmas gifts this year! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

There’s nothing like your blog with a morning cup of coffee! Reading your post and gazing at your beautiful tags (or cards) you always brighten the rest of my day. 🌞 Awesome idea to use our large diecuts for tags- your’s are so pretty! TFS Kelly and Happy Thursday to you! 😊💐💖

Cindy Otto said...

Love your tag ideas! I give a package of tags to my neighbors every Christmas. I’ll definitely use these ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy G said...

Gorgeous, Kelly!!! Always love to read your blog, love your tags!!!

Connie said...

Great card and tag ideas, Kelly!
I love seeing the potential of stamp sets with your ideas.
You provide great inspiration!
Always look forward to your blog.
Thanks for sharing.

Marcia Hill said...

Your tags are ALL so beautiful Kelly, but I'm head over heels in LOVE with the window tags...FABULOUS!! Your gifts under the tree will shine with these awesome tags!! Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE this feature you do on the 25th?? I hope you keep it going for years and years as I absolutely LOVE it!! :0)

Marybeth said...

Wow, Kelly! Your tags are so detailed and amazing! I love that you made the window a Christmas tag! I am sure you have inspired everyone who stops by! Take care and be well.

Carol H. said...

All of your tags are so beautiful Kelly! I love the window with the beautiful night sky!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Kelly! These sweet tags are amazing!