Saturday, June 20, 2020

June birthdays are the most fun!

Happy summer, friends!  I wanted to share a few more summer birthday cards I've been working on! I've written out my birthday card list for the month and knew I wanted to include a few using the Birthday Classics: June Mini stamp set. I made a total of 3 of this particular design so I used all of my usual mass producing steps to make it easier!

To begin these summer cards, I die cut the flowers that I planned on incorporating into the design using the Seasonal Borders: Summer die collection and then used my MISTI to get them all stamped using the Seasonal Borders stamp set. Once those were done, I set them aside to begin working on the background.

I cut the panels out of Aqua Mist cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches and then stamped them using the Barnwood Background stamp. I also added a little bit of ink to each corner using a blender brush for some added defintion.

After the backgrounds were stamped, I used my mini MISTI to stamp the large sentiment in black for some contrast. I toyed around with heat embossing it in gold, but in the end, the crisp black won! I also added a strip of paper to the bottom, which is from the By the Numbers Patterned Paper, using a tape runner. I added the seasonal border using foam squares for dimension. At this point, I used my paper trimmer to cut off the extra portion of the border that was hanging over. It kills me to waste my hard work (ha ha) but I didn't want a horizontal card, so it had to be done!

I'm still on a flip-flop kick after I made THESE cards, so I decided to add a pair to each of the three cards. I die cut three of the foot part and three of the strap portion using the Flipping Out die collection. Once that was done, I stamped them using the Flipping Out stamp set. I also added a tiny flower sequin to each flip flop using liquid glue. The die collection comes with a flower die, but I thought these sequins were cute and added a different visual element other than paper.

I added the flip flops to the card using foam squares. I also added some white Nuvo drops to the center of the hibiscus blooms for added detail. A few sparkling clear sequins frame the sentiment as well.

I added another sentiment to the inside along with another cluster of flowers I stamped in the beginning. I didn't quite know where they would be used, but they ended up being perfect to decorate the inside of the card. Two of these cards are already on their way to the recipients and I hope they enjoy them!  Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Patti H. said...

Super cute cards! Thanks for reminding me that I have several of those Birthday Classics stamps & dies. I will be using them again after seeing how adorable these cards are. Thanks for sharing!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness, are these cards wonderful! Perfect for Summer! Ya know, I’ve had my eye on a wood plank stamp and thanks to your link, I saw the one from Concord & 9th. I love the pattern and texture it gave your card. You make the best tropical cards, I’ve enjoyed them all including today! You’re the bomb Kelly! ( I meant that as a compliment, lol). Happy weekend to you! 😎

jan metcalf said...

Wish I had those flip flops, super cure cards!

Holly said...

SO CUTE!!!