Saturday, July 6, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Miniature Lemonade Stand}

Welcome to this week's Ink to Paper Saturday Showcase! Today a few of us are using the newly released Garden Party stamp set to create some fun new projects! When I first saw this set, I was dying to create a miniature lemonade stand box/ favor! Of course having the Tag Creations: Lemon stamp set to work with made it even better!


I'm glad that the idea that I had envisioned actually worked and I will explain everything step by step! To begin, I got to work creating the boxes. For those of you who visit often, you know how much I like making boxes of all kinds. This is one of my go-to boxes. I will give you all of the dimensions, but if you'd like a better visual on how it goes together, you can check out THIS post. The sides of this box are 1 1/2 inches and the front and back are 3 3/4 inches wide. The box is 3 1/2 inches tall, but be sure to include the 1 1/2 inches for the bottom flaps. The lid has "almost" the same measurements for the width and sides, but you will need to add 1/8 inch at each score mark to allow it to fit over the base box. Also, this will leave you with a much smaller "tab" to adhere it together, so make sure to use 1/8 inch Scor Tape. It really is super easy to assemble, just make sure you head to that blog post that I linked above for visual instructions.

I made 3 boxes total, but because of their size, I was only able to photograph 2 at a time. Once I had the boxes and lids completed, I got to work creating all of the fun elements to decorate them with. To begin, I used the Garden Party Dies to die cut the banner element. I used the Garden Party stamp set to stamp the outline, the solid banner images, and the additional dots and stripes. I set those aside and got to work on the lemon portion.

I die cut 2 of the small lemons for each box using the Tag Creations: Lemon die collection. These are solid dies so it is necessary to die cut them first and then stamp them. I used my mini MISTI to stamp the lemons quickly. I also used the "just for you" sentiment that is included in the set and stamped that in black. Each lemon is layered onto a black rectangle. It is actually the center of the frame from the It's a Sign: Beautiful die set. I had originally planned on using the frame portion as well, but it overwhelmed the design.

The flowers and leaves are from It's a Sign: Beautiful stamp set as well. I added them with foam squares and added some white Nuvo drops for some extra detail.

I used my ancient eyelet hole maker and protective pad to add the holes to the lid so that I could insert the skewers. I chose to put them in the middle of the length of the lid. Also, it is important that you put them slightly away from the edge so that the lid can still close with the little bit of skewer that remains. Once I cut the holes, I slid a wooden skewer inside the hole and then added a dollop of hot glue. I quickly spun the skewer so that it got even coverage and wouldn't come back out of the hole. I set that aside to dry for a bit. Once they were dry, I used wire cutters to cut the sharp edge off as well as get them to the height that I wanted. The banner is attached using hot glue as well and then the flowers are adhered using foam squares. I can't wait to fill these up with a packet or two of powder lemonade and some lemon drops! I had a lot of fun putting these together and I'm glad my idea was "doable" LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These are absolutely ADORABLE Kelly and are totally going to make the recipients day!! :0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Marcia! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Anonymous! You're so sweet!