Thursday, July 11, 2019

Ink to Paper Countdown Day 1

It's that time again; time for the Ink to Paper July release countdown!  Over the next few days, I'll be sharing lots of samples using all of the new Ink to Paper July products! Up first is a fun and versatile new set called Dandelion Wishes and the coordinating Dandelion Wishes Sentiments stamp set! This set has so many possibilites and I can't wait to use it again!

When I think of dandelions, the color yellow is a given, but really, when they have gone to seed, they are no longer yellow. I still wanted to incorporate the softness and hint of yellow paired with a dreamy blue. I decided that I'd try some emboss resist with these dandelions and see if I liked it. It ended up having just the effect I was hoping for. I heat embossed them with white powder and then sponged some Scattered Straw Distress ink over the top. I die cut them with the Dandelion Wishes Die Collection. 


I used the new Geometrix: Oval Die to die cut the oval. Once that was done, I sponged some Peacock Feathers distress ink on the edges to achieve the soft blue I was going for. I also mixed some ink with water and added some ink flecks on the oval for added detail. I added the dandelions and stems to the oval and set it aside. 

I used the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles Dies on a piece of Kraft cardstock to get the pierced detail around the edge. I added a piece of Bitty Big: Harvest Gold pattern paper over the top and then adhered the focal oval using foam squares. I heat embossed the "Love, Kisses & Dandelion Wishes sentiment in white onto a strip of vellum and wrapped that around the Kraft panel and secured it to the back with clear tape.

I was wanting something soft and the vellum always adds that touch. The dandelions have sequins glued to the centers using liquid glue. I also added some White Nuvo drops to mimic the look of the dandelion seeds scattering. I used to find this magical as a child, but now all I can think of are all of the weeds that will grow! LOL!



Once that was done, I adhered the entire Kraft panel onto a top folding standard A2 cardbase using foam squares. 

Like I mentioned earlier, this is one of those sets that I just barely scratched the surface of its possibilities. 

Next up is the newest Watercolor Textures edition. This one is called Watercolor Textures: Abstract and has a lot of fun possibilities as well. For today's card, I wanted to see if I could create some abstract flowers and leaves to create an artsy type design. 

I chose some bright, fun colors to make the 'flowers' pop! I just started to stamp them in a series of threes to keep things balanced. 

I used the new Banner Builders Basics die collection paired with the new Simply Sentiments stamp set to add the words to the card. This banner die set comes with lots of different sizes and shapes to fit most any sentiment. I'm excited to add these to my collection.

That's all for today,but join me again tomorrow for day 2 of the countdown! There are some fun new products you won't want to miss! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Love both your cards today. This looks like another great release!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Peggy! There are a lot of fun things being released!