Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Mix it Up #49 {Comfort and Peace}

Welcome! Today I am sharing the card I made for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge! Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card, so I used this month's color combination for today's design. They are a little on the somber side, which I try and stay clear of for sympathy cards, but they happen to be a favorite of the deceased. I realize that she isn't getting the card, but I think it would bring cheer to her family by seeing her favorite colors. 

I hope you get a chance to play along! You can read about all of the details on the SugarPea Designs Blog!

For today's design, I heat embossed the flowers from the Pretty Peonies stamp set onto a piece of water color paper. Once that was done, I got to work watercoloring the flowers and background using re-inkers. After it was dry, I die cut the entire panel using the largest die from the Card Front Element Builders. I waited until I was done watercoloring to do the die cutting, because I wanted to see if the card front would flatten a bit after all of the watercoloring. It really does help. I added some gold paint splatters using the gold from my Gansai Tambi watercolor set.

The sentiment is also heat embossed in gold onto a strip of grey cardstock and added to the watercolor piece using foam squares. The entire focal panel is mounted onto some fun foam and then adhered to an A2 card base. I can't wait to see your card in this month's gallery! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Heather North said...

Super pretty! I would love to know the colors you used on this card. Such pretty purples and soft blues.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Heather! I used old SU! Ink to color it: elegant eggplant and bordering blue.