Tuesday, May 29, 2018

You Sparkle & Shine!

I fell head over heels in LOVE with the new Shine On stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps! I quickly ordered the stamp set and coordinating Shine On Dies and couldn't wait for them to arrive! Because Honey Bee stamps has amazing shipping times, I had them in my hot little hands in no time! I realized after they came that I didn't order the Nail Polish Bottle Die, which is what I thought I was getting! So....I quickly put in a second order and got my dies lickety split! Unfortunately, by the time everything arrived, I was knee deep in DT commitments and I had to set them aside! I keep seeing so many cute projects made with these supplies, I just couldn't resist them any longer. I didn't have a lot of time, but I wanted to get a feel for the dies and how everything worked together, so this is a bit of an experimental project, but I still thought it turned out cute! It speaks to my Barbie lovin' heart! That pink paired with the embossed "sparkle" reminds me so much of my youth! 


To begin, I die cut the bottle, which is actually a shaped card! So, so cute! I die cut the pink portion and the black portion and adhered them to the card. I spritzed it heavily with Shimmer Spray for some realistic polish shine! I love how it looks on this project! I've seen quite a few projects that used glitter paper, which is amazing, but I wanted to see if I could get something I liked just as well. I did use glitter paper for the bow and the bottom of the bottle because I love how it looks. I have made lots of glitter paper bows in the past, so I knew I would like it!


I heat embossed the sentiments using silver powder and embossed them in the same pink as the bottle. I didn't want to make the bottle too busy by adding in a white background or another color. I added the "& Shine" sentiment to the inside of the card. I decided to add a few sequins, which I debated back and forth on. I thought it looked fine without it, but when you have the word "sparkle" on the card, it seems like a natural addition! LOL! I can't wait to experiment with these products more, so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet....just love your polish!!!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! So where can I buy this shade? :) Your card is so pretty and you did a FABULOUS job. Wouldn't this make a cool project with different colored bottles, framed for a little girl's room. So many great ideas and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Have a great weekend. :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! Yes...I can't wait to use it again! So many fun possibilities!