Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Mix it Up #43 (Get carried away on your birthday)




Hello Friends! I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog today with this card using the current Mix it Up Challenge! I've been itching to use this little croissant from the Ooh La La stamp set since I didn't get a chance during the release! 
I was inspired by both sides of the challenge. As you can see, I took a lot of liberties in the blank space, but how can you resist when you have a little croissant holding balloons? He definitely deserves his moment to shine!

I loved the circular variations in color on the rose portion of the inspiration piece, so I used three different shades of pink cardstock and the Zig Zag stitched circles  to create the background.


This set the stage for me to add a city skyline using the Paris scape Sugar Cut as well as the silver embossed sentiment from the Parisian Holiday stamp set. I embossed it onto vellum so it wouldn't detract from the circular background piece. 

After I had rounded the corners of the focal panel, I added it to a grey piece of cardstock that is die cut using the Postage Stamp Sugar Cut. I love the extra detail it gives the card!

Mr. French Pastry is colored using Copic markers and then die cut using the Ooh-la-la Sugar Cut. The balloons are covered with Crystal Glaze and then sprinkled with chunky iridescent glitter for some shine! It's one of my favorite details to add to balloons! I hope you'll play along with this month's challenge! Thanks for fluttering by!




3 comments:

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the images and all the pretty layers.

Christy said...

What a super cute card!!!! "Yes, Mr. French Pastry, I have nothing whatsoever to say to you. I trust you have nothing to say to me."

Anonymous said...

You might just make me a pink convert yet! Love this card.