Sunday, May 6, 2018

Countdown to Confetti Day 2 {My Tribe & Pattern Blocks}



Welcome to Day 2 of the Countdown to Confetti extravaganza! I mentioned yesterday that Reverse Confetti is celebrating it's FIFTH birthday!  We're going to be celebrating with style over the next few days and we can't wait to show you all of the fun new goodies! Today the team is showcasing TWO new stamp set, coordinating Confetti Cuts and some awesome stand alone dies. You'll definitely want to head to each designer's blogs to see how they've used these new products! Also, there will be prizes up for grabs...a $25 gift certificate to one blog commenter and a $25 gift certificate to one Facebook commenter. The Blog link is listed below and this is the link to the Facebook page: Reverse Confetti Facebook page




I'll be showing you two cards using the new "My Tribe" set and lots of fun new Confetti Cuts. You'll have to wait to see my design using the new "Pattern Blocks" on May 8th for the Blog Hop! I hope you'll join us!

I wanted my card to have an earthy feel and I really like how it turned out. It's always fun to see your vision come to life. To begin, I created an A2 top folding card base using the lovely Lead Cardstock. I really like this unique neutral color...it it so perfect for so many cards! I also cut a 5 1/4 inch by 4 piece out of the same cardstock and sewed two pieces of the same size vellum onto it using grey thread. Once it was secure, I tore the top layer. 

Yesterday I showcased the fabulous "Polka Panel", but today I used it as and dry embossed piece, which I LOVE. You'll be seeing this treatment again tomorrow, because I love it so much. I just ran it through my Cuttlebug using the tan embossing mat underneath so it would emboss, rather than cut. I did this embossing on a piece of Sand cardstock.

I knew that the previously released Tall Blooms would be the perfect companion to this fabulous sentiment from the "My Tribe" set. I have another card below using another one of the amazing sentiments! I have tons of ideas and not enough time! I may try and squeak one more card to add to the Blog Hop on May 8th!

The blooms are embossed in gold powder, cut using the coordinating Tall Blooms Confetti Cuts and then colored with Copic markers. The sentiment is embossed in gold onto a strip of Stormy Cardstock and I LOVE it!

The "Stitched Squares" confetti cuts makes the perfect frame to highlight the sentiment. I added a few gold nuvo drops for some subtle detail.

My next card used the new "Paper Bliss" pattern paper. I liked the tribal print of the blue and the bright and cheery green. I thought they complemented each other in an unexpected way!

The sentiment, which is also from the "My Tribe" set is heat embossed using gold powder onto a Rose "Stitched Square" panel for an unexpected color combo!

The sentiment piece is adhered to the new "Diamond Stripe Square" confetti cut for some added detail! Thanks for fluttering by!








24 comments:

~amy~ said...

Really love the pops of gold on these!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Awesome cards! :) Love the heat embossing. It adds so much.

sharon g said...

The neutrals with a touch o' gold looks so cool!

Cynthia Cole said...

Both cards are great but I really love the first one!

Sandy S. said...

Nice color combo on your second card!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your cards are very pretty! i love the neutral earth tones and grey! Great color combination.

Dana M said...

Stunning cards! Love the elegance and color combo on the first. The second is happy and fun.

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful cards! I am a huge fan of neutrals, so your first card has my jaw hanging open! And your unexpected color combo of the second card is so fun and playful. Really love the touches of gold on both, too!

SLMPetersen said...

Love all the layers!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the muted colors on the first card.
The second pops with color.
Both are wonderful.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the earthiness of the first card and the
layers of the 2nd. Great cards!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I LOVE using die cuts as embossing. A lovely neutral card. Great colors, texture, patterns and designs. Just great cards.

Amy C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy C. said...

I especially love the muted tones of your first card. Great new releases from RC.

Carmela said...

Both cards are so pretty. Love that tan and gray card with the gold embossing on the first one. Your colors are the second card are beautiful. I love the new set of sentiments and those background dies!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely cards with pretty colors and a touch of elegance!

Karen said...

Such stylish cards; they're wonderful!

Sue D said...

Love your fabulous card designs.

Cathy Lillie said...

Love the tribal sentiments! The neutral tones of your first card are so beautiful with the gold embossing. I like the patterned paper in your second card so much. RC has great paper pads!

Karenladd said...

I love your first card with the neutral palette that could be for a guy as well as a woman.

LittleSher said...

The colors on your gray/Kraft card are so unique!

Deb Hardy said...

Great cards! Each and every one spectacular! I really like the neutral palette of your first card. I have subscribed to your blog to see what else you're making. Thanks for inspiring me with your creativity.

Anonymous said...

Love them all. Love the colors you use, as you know, LOL

Julie said...

Love today’s projects!