Monday, March 12, 2018

Merry Monday #281 {Holiday Cheer}

Happy Monday, friends!I'm glad you've stopped by today! I'm sharing my card for this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge. I'm so happy with my growing stash of Christmas cards! Are you playing along? I sure hope so!

This week, Kim has a fabulous inspiration photo to spark your creativity! Isn't this cup of candy cane cocoa absolutely wonderful? 

I really liked the moody grey background so that was my starting point. Most of my stamps, paper and ink are from Papertrey Ink, except for the Black Soot Distress oxide Ink and the glitter paper. To begin, I blended the Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of smooth Bristol paper. I left the center a little lighter for some contrast. I stamped an old berry image from the beloved "Peaceful Wishes" stamp set from SU! using Fresh Snow ink for a subtle effect. Of course, the obvious stamp choice for the focal image is Candy Cane Christmas!I am getting a lot of use out of it, but I love how versatile it is. I used it on THIS card and THIS project so far this year.

I stamped the cup, peppermint disc, and candy cane using Pure Poppy Ink  and spritzed them with Frost Shimmer Spray as well as the grey background. I just love the effect it gives the pieces.
The striped  piece that is grounding the cup is heat embossed in silver powder on a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock to bring in more of the grey. I had it stamped in red onto a white strip, but this just looked better. Sometimes I just sit and stare trying to figure out what is not quite right with a design and that little change just really made the card "feel" better! LOL! The little Poinsettia is from the Cup of Cheer stamp set, which would also be a perfect stamp choice for this challenge!


die cut the "Holiday" piece out of silver glitter paper and then 3 more times using Stamper's Select White cardstock. I glued them all together using Tombow Mono Multi. I also need to do a little shout out for the Tombow Sand Eraser. I use this little guy ALL THE TIME. I haven't been linking it recently, but it has been my saving grace for many projects! Once the die cut was all glued, I adhered it to the card and then stamped a coordinating greeting from the Christmas Cheer stamp set . I love the vintage look of these products and they were just the perfect touch for my design today. I also added a few teensy tiny drops of Liquid Mercury Nuvo Drops for more grey detail. The steam is heat embossed in white powder with a few Sparkling Clear sequinsA bow of Red Baker's Twine finishes this design! Thanks for fluttering by and I hope to see your card in the gallery this week!

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

I love how you picked up the gray in your card design and added so many lovely details. Great card and great design. Hope you have a great week Kelly.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your amazing card...love all the sparkle and that sweet cup of cocoa, so inviting and so beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So fabulous with the blended grey background, Kelly! Just love the layered arrangement of cup and candy on the striped panel!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card and I love the Holiday cut. Where is that available?

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It is linked in the word "die cut" where I talked about me cutting it with glitter paper. It's right underneath the last photo.

Debbie said...

This color combination is just gorgeous. Your attention to detail is beautiful. I am still enjoying "pouring" through your posts now that I have discovered you!

Leanne said...

Awesome details and yummy cuppa, very pretty. Cheers, L:)

Linda said...

Kelly, this is such a sweet card. Love your peppermint candy and cup of cocoa. Hope you have a great week.

LeAnne said...

I love this! You just sent me running to PTI to get that Holiday die...so pretty with your warm cozy little scene!

Karen L K said...

What a great card! Love all the red and the background is really nice.

wienerhoneymooners said...

FULL of pepperminty goodness!!!! LOVE this PTI set!! Have a super week!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous red, white, and silver design!! And I love that subtle pattern on the silver panel.

Colleen said...

Absolutely "fantabulous" Kelly! Love everything about this card and thanks for writing up a detailed post about how it all came together! I love reading your stories! Have a terrific week! Heart Hugs, colleen

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Kelly! LOVE the little Poinsettia on your cup and that background is SOOO pretty!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Unknown said...

Kelly, Lovely card and I love all of your the detail in your design. The background is perfect! Enjoy the rest of your week.