Thursday, March 8, 2018

Good Things { PTI Traveler's Journal Inspiration}

****If you're here looking for my Reverse Confetti Blog Hop post, please scroll down****Hello and welcome as I share my FIRST project for the Papertrey Ink Traveler's Journal team! I am so excited to share with you what I have been working on! I have a few layouts to share with you as well as the front cover of my journal. This month, the team is showcasing a few new ways to use your journals; I'm using this one to house scriptures and verse. 


I knew that Betsy's Phrases and Praises stamp set would be the PERFECT way to showcase these lovely scripture verses! For this particular layout, I also used the Traveler's Journal Envelope Die which, I can tell, is going to become a new favorite...not just for these journals, but for other projects as well. I love all of the little bits and bobs it comes with to add different elements to your projects. I tied my envelope shut using some Rustic Jute Button Twine. I just love the diagonal stripe image that I embossed in gold. It is from the Traveler's Journal: Adventure stamp set. I used it throughout the journal.

I kept my color scheme cohesive throughout the entire journal. I have found this to be a key element when creating mini-albums or anything like this. It really keeps it pleasing to the eye and helps with the flow. I chose a spring-y, yet timeless, color combination. My cardstock choices include: Spring MossSweet BlushEnchanted EveningAqua Mist and Stamper's Select White.  

I also paired the sentiments with the beautiful blooms from the ever-lovely Farmer's Market Florals. I stamped them in a variety of inks including: Winter WisteriaSimply ChartreuseSweet BlushPale PeonyRipe AvocadoLemon TartHarvest Gold. I also did some sponging and watercolor spatter using my Aqua Mist ink pad. I heat embossed the sentiment using gold embossing powder. 



I did some computer generated scripture verses for me to read when I need some encouragement or some uplifting thoughts. I printed them out onto Kraft cardstock in navy blue ink. I also stamped the "He restores my soul" verse using Fresh Snow ink. The gold outline around the verses is from the Traveler's Journal: Bullets Stamp set. The tiny white scallops are also from this set. I just love the delicate detail it adds to the piece.

I really like how this layout came together. The flowers frame the gold verse perfectly. Something to consider when assembling your journal is to think about bulk. I added foam squares when I just couldn't resist, but tried hard to keep other pages flat. You'll notice the clip on the sides of the layouts, these sure come in handy when it is time to close it up!
This is a quick layout I made using the Tag Sale #5 Die as well as a few of the other elements I used before. I tied the tag up with some Cream Cotton Button Twine.





In keeping with the theme, my cover uses many of the same elements that have been repeated throughout the journal. I used the Mix and Mat: Scallops die as well as the MIx and Mat: Pretty Brackets Die

Some sequins and die cuts finish off the cover! I hat so much fun putting this together! I hope you got some inspiration for your journals and thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Love this idea for a journal! I have this stamp set and have only made cards with it. This will make a lovely gift. Thank you and have a blessed day,

Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous album! I love everything about it! Love the color scheme, love the layouts, love the scripture verses! I NEED to make one of these!

Julie said...

so beautiful - the sentiments, flowers and color combinations! love them all

Debbie said...

You definitely knocked it out of the park with your first PTI Travelers Journal post. Everything is absolutely gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

This is simply gorgeous, love every little detail ! I have always wanted this Journal!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I've been doing some written faith based journaling for awhile but I LOVE how your journal gives beauty to the verses. I've come back several times to enjoy your journal and I hope to change how I do my own. Thank you Kelly, for sharing your's. And I'm sure glad you're a part of PTI! :)