Monday, March 5, 2018

Merry Monday #280 (a merry little Christmas)

*****IF your'e here for my Countdown to Confetti post, please scroll down! *****Hey friends, I'm this week's host over at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge! I really hope you'll join us this week! It is always so much fun! I'm really getting excited for my growing stash and it's ONLY March! 

I've had this photo pinned on one of my Pinterest boards for a few years now, so I thought it would be fun to use it as this week's inspiration! I hope you find it inspirational as well!

The majority of the stamps that I used for this card are from Papertrey Ink. I did also use the Flannel Plaid background stamp from SU! that is very old, but I just love it! To begin, I stamped the background using Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Vintage Cream cardstock. I set that aside to dry while I dry embossed a strip of Kraft cardstock using the "Knitted" embossing folder by Richard Garay. I wanted to incorporate some of the textures that you might find on the table top pictured in the inspiration photo. I adhered that onto the plaid background piece.

The greenery is all from the Spruce and Sprigs stamp set that I can't seem to get enough of lately. Sorry for using it so much! That being said, it is only March, which means I have many months to switch things up! I just thought the greenery worked nicely with the inspiration photo.I stamped them all using an assortment of green inks: Simply Chartreuse, Garden Green[SU!] and Sage Shadow {SU!} and Hunter Green. 

Once everything was stamped, I die cut everything using the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiment which is from the Happiest of Holidays stamp set using gold ink. I absolutely love this set! I generally use one of these sentiments on the inside of every Christmas card I make, but I never show them on the blog. It is so easy just to grab one and stamp the inside! Once that was done, I sponged the edges with a Vanilla Craft pad to soften the edges.

I adhered the sentiment to the card using foam squares and then I got to work tucking in the greenery here and there! I added some Wink of Stella to the leaves and berries. I also added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the berries for some shine. The finishing touch is a few drops of Gold Nuvo drops here and there for some added gold touches. I hope you'll get a chance to join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by! 

10 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Love Love Love!

Lisa Elton said...

I love they way you've layered this Kelly, what a gorgeous card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous neutrals in the background - perfect for all your sprigs, Kelly! Just love how you arranged them and the knit embossed piece looks great too!!

JoAnn said...

Love all the elements on your fantastic card Kelly. The plaid background, the cable knit embossed panel and all the layers of die cuts, along with the gold embossed sentiment.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love all the wonderful layers and details.

Linda said...

So pretty Kelly. Love all of the lovely elements. Thanks for the great challenge. Hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Love the card and love how you used the embossing folder.

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOO much to love about this card Kelly!! Totally in love with that plaid background...may have to look around and see if I can find a used one! And you can never use the Spruce & Sprigs set too much in my opinion...I absolutely LOVE that set too!! Lovely, lovely card!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Another stunner Kelly! These colours are SO pretty together!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful layers, die cuts and stampings on this pretty inspired card!