Saturday, January 20, 2018

PRS Daily Thoughts Blog Hop-Thinking of You



Welcome to the newest release blog hop for the Precious Remembrance Shop! The team is featuring the amazing new set called Daily Thoughts! I am in love! Head over to the BLOG as well as the rest of the team's blogs for lots more inspiration! Would you like to win this set? Simply leave a comment on each designer's blog post as well as at the PRS Blog (linked above). One lucky winner will be chosen randomly and will be announced on the blog and all other social media sites! Entries will be taken until Jan. 24th, 2018 at midnight.

Kelly Lunceford (you are here)



Remember, you can still take advantage of a 10% off discount from an order of $30 or more using this code: DTKELLY10


For today's card, I thought it would be fun to do some watercloring to really bring out the 80's vibe of the card! Cassette tapes were a MAJOR part of the 80's for me, so I couldn't wait to get started using this fabulous set! I did a watercolor wash as well as some paint spatter onto some 140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper. While that was drying, I got to work stamping and splattering the cassette tape image as well. I cut it out with scissors so that I could follow the stamp lines for a more organic feel.

I knew that I wanted to create some of the actual "tape" coming out of the cassette. I cut a narrow strip of black cardstock and then stamped the "when life is tough, just pause and breathe" sentiment repeatedly in white ink. I used my quilling tool to wrap it tightly in a coil. Once that was done, I taped it to the back of the cassette image using scotch tape and got to work manipulating it how I wanted it on the card. This card is 100% NOT mailable, but oh, so fun!

Because I dried the watercolor piece with a heat tool, I knew that it was ready to accept embossing powder. I heat embossed the "thinking of you" sentiment directly onto the watercolor piece. I also stamped a few stars around the sentiment as well, which are included in the set. I wanted to repeat the sentiment that I used on the "tape" so I stamped it at the top, stamping it off as I went down the card. I also created a sentiment strip to add to the front of the cassette as well for continuity. 

I also added the tape player "button" images along the bottom of the card as well since it uses the word "pause". I really like how all of the sentiments coordinate so well with the images AND they are ones that I know I will use again and again.

You can see the detail of the tape spilling out of the cassette a little bit better here. I also added a few burnished gold sequins to add to the sparkle! Thanks for fluttering by!

14 comments:

Rosemary said...

okay... seriously??? this card is so freakin' clever!! I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Greta said...

Gorgeous background, but oh my goodness--you made the tape?! Absolutely wonderful, Kelly!

Unknown said...

fantastic colors! love the pop of gold!

Helen Gullett said...

Kelly, your card is FANTASTIC!
You are so creative with the tape.
And also love your color combo.

Sue Lelli said...

BEAUTIFUL background and just Brilliant with the tape! I remember those days!

Ann said...

Absolutely love your card, so genius to add the tape! Such an awesome new set.

Janet's Joy said...

I LOVE how you created the tape! So clever!!

Betty said...

how clever to have the tape coming out of the cassette - remember how often my tapes looked like that - wonderful card, Kelly!

Joy Meadows said...

I love this card, Kelly! Like most of the others have said, how adorable is that tape coming out of the cassette! The watercolor background is great, too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super fun background on a super sweet card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this is soooo FUN! I love that cassette and that tape coming out of it! You are so clever! Such a great retro stamp! XX

Lisa Elton said...

What a COOL background!! Love that you made the tape (I did that for one of my upcoming projects too!!) and was hoping someone else would too!! This is so much fun Kelly!

ericarose said...

OMG this card is awesome!!! Love the ribbon!!! so fun!!

Melissa said...

What a fun card! I absolutely love the tape...I think many of us can remember those days of frustration!!! ;)