Monday, January 8, 2018

Merry Monday #272 Have a holly jolly Christmas!


Welcome to the second Merry Monday Christmas challenge of the year! It's  been feeling strange to me that I am making new cards as I am busy trying to get Christmas all put away! LOL! This is the longest that it has EVER been up, but I am trying to take my time and get everything put away properly. Every year I miss a few things here and there and I just shove them under the stairs for me to stare at all year long! Ha Ha!
This week, Leanne asked us to create a card with glasses. I don't own any stamp sets with glasses, however, so mugs will just have to do! Ha ha!


I had so much fun making THIS card last year, so I was happy to get to use Cup of Cheer and the coordinating DIE. I've been using a lot of the same color combinations so I decided to go back to a traditional Christmas color palette, but with a pop of pink for some interest. To begin, I blended a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock using Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink. I wanted a green that would complement the pink and I think this is just the ticket. I also spritzed it heavily with some Frost Shimmer Spray. I really like how it reacted with the oxide ink. I set that aside to dry and got to work on the sentiment and the cups/saucers/teapot.
I diecut quite a few of each image because I knew I wanted to stack them here and there for a strong presence, since that was the point of the challenge! Ha ha! I stamped them in a combination of pink, red and the foliage in the same Peeled Paint oxide ink as the background for a perfect match.

The sentiment is heat embossed using one of my favorite new embossin powders; Rose Gold by Altenew. I thought the Rose Gold would look nice against the pink and I was right! The sentiment panel is attached to the blended panel using foam squares for some dimension. I also added a few Sparkling Clear Sequins here and there using Tombow Multi Medium Matte and my Jewel Picker.

\
The cups, poinsettias and tea pot are stacked and scattered here and there for a fun and whimsical card! I also added a few drops of Bright Gold Nuvo Drops in the center of each poinsettia for some added gold detail and shine.

I had quite a few cups and flowers left over so I decided to add them to the inside with a "cup" sentiment. I think this set is so cute and I love all of the sentiments, but this is one of my favorites! I hope you'll get a chance to play along! Thanks for fluttering by!

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling pot with cups, Kelly - so fun with all the layered flowers!! Just love the peeled paint splattered panel behind it all!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn sweet...love all your sweet tea cups and each fabulous detail!

Anonymous said...

As always, your detail is amazing!

Leanne said...

Wonderful color and the card is amazing, awesomeness. The embossing pops! Way to go! Cheers, L :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the soft pink you added and the wonderful embossed sentiment!

Linda said...

Kelly, this is so cute. Great design. Have a great week.

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous green background Kelly, lovely sentiment and interpretation of the challenge.

JoAnn said...

Great card Kelly. I love the pop of pink with the red and green.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...love everything about this card Kelly...especially your color combo and layout!! Never thought I needed this stamp set when it first came out, but I am seriously starting to re-think that!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Kelly! Love the colors you chose. Have a wonderful rest of your week xoxoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Great layout!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This card blew me away... must’ve blown my comment away too!!!!! Lol