Saturday, January 27, 2018

Wishing you an EPIC year!

I've got a quick, easy boy birthday card to share with you today. My cutie Rowan had his 8th birthday on the 20th and I made this for him. Part of me thinks that he could probably care less, but then I worry that if I'm not giving the ones that are closest to me special cards, they might not feel like I care about them. I always make fun cards for their friend's birthdays, so I wanted to make him something fun! When the "Boy Basics" line of mini stamp sets came out YEARS ago, I bought a few of them because I had a young boy at the time. Fast forward a few years and I have LOTS of young boys! LOL!  
For today's card, I chose to use the Boy Basics; Game On mini stamp set. They enjoy playing video games and we have both the Playstation and Wii, which are focused on in the set, so I thought it would be fun! I took all of my color cues from the wrapping paper that I wrapped his presents in. I decided to use all of the small images together to create one large focal image.

I actually really like how all of the elements and colors worked together for a nice arrangement. The background is dry embossed using a birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder that is very old. It is one of the first embossing folders that I got way back in the day! It is one of my favorites, though! I adhered that to an A2 card base. 


I stamped the red "button" images twice and then punched it out using a 3/4 inch circle punch. I popped them up using foam squares for some dimension since the card is so flat. I decided to add a few more details that you can see in the last photo.

For the inside, I die cut the number eight using the By the Number die set. I also noticed while searching for the link for these, they have the coordinating "mat" for these numbers. I think that will be a definite must have! I die cut it 4 times using Enchanted Evening carstock. I've been searching for a replacement for the old SU! color "Not Quite Navy", without luck. I was hoping this would be the solution, but it's "not quite right" LOL! Anyway, if you know of a good substitute, leave me a comment! I'd be thrilled to hear! After it was glued together, I added some wink of stella over the top and then stamped a few more of the images below the 8.


So...as you can see, I couldn't leave it well enough alone and added some Nuvo Crystal glaze over the top of the red buttons. I also added some wink of stella to the blue controllers and some glaze on those buttons as well. I think it added just the right touch! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

LOVE this card! Colors are so attractive and dynamic design. Glad I discovered your blog through your RC SFYTT win....Congrats!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Kathy! I appreciate you stopping by! Actually, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have known I won!LOL! I didn't realize it was a contest!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Thanks so much for the sweet comment!

Cindy Lyles said...

This is adorable Kelly!!

football1 said...

I realize this is a card that was designed several years back but I LOVE it. I have 5 grandsons that would love this. By chance do you still have the stamp set and be willing to sell it? I've looked all over and can't find it.

Thanks so much.
Diane