Tuesday, May 2, 2017

You're out of this world, Teacher!


Whew! What a day! I'm exhausted, but I wanted to share the tags I made for today's Teacher Appreciation gifts. I've seen a lot of cute galactic backgrounds done from some of the MFT design team as well as the Lawn Fawn design team and I have been itching to try one, but haven't had a reason. Today's tags were the perfect excuse.

I'm excited to do a little more later on this week as well. I only needed three tags so they worked up really quickly. 



You can see how they shimmer and shine with the glitter and embossing details that I added.
To begin, I sponged ink in a few shades onto 140 lb. watercolor paper in a random fashion.


After I had sponged it to my liking, I spritzed it with a water bottle. You can see how the paper buckles with the moisture, but it flattens out as it dries. If you are adding a lot of water, it might be best to tack it down with washi tape if you're worried. I have found that the 140 lb. paper is thick enough that it relaxes as it dries.
 




Once it was dry, I added a little bit more dimension by adding some Rose Red and Taken With Teal marker splatters using the Color Spritzing tool from Stampin' Up!





 I die cut circles that would nest inside the tag die that I used. I really like how they look like tiny little planets.





colored the images using Copic Markers and heat embossed the sentiment using silver detail embossing powder.






I added some shimmer and shine to the die cut images by applying some Star Dust Stickles here and there. The images were added to the tags using foam squares.

They were the perfect addition to the kids' gifts they gave today. 
The PTA also had a card that they could color and write why their teacher is "Out of this World" which was the perfect companion for their gift today. Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fabulous tags! Thanks for sharing how you achieved that fantastic galaxy/planet background. I'll bet they were a hit with the teachers, too! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're welcome! It's such a fun and easy technique, but I love the results!