Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Adventure Awaits!

 It's May and that means it is jam-packed with lots and lots of events; graduations, weddings, recitals, and more! I sat and made a list of "needed" cards the other day and the list was long and varied. I am so excited, though! Today's design showcases one of my Mother's Day gifts that just arrived; Concord and 9th's Globe Greetings. I am so excited to use it! This card is for a graduation from high school.
 I got to work picking all of my papers first so that I could create all of the coordinating details. The globe stand is heat embossed in gold onto Kraft cardstock that is diecut using the new Mix and Mat scallops die from Papertrey Ink. The globe was diecut using the coordinating Globe Greeting die using some fabulous pattern paper from Crate Paper that I picked up to use for the Baby Shower I threw a few weeks ago. The sentiment was also heat embossed in gold...seriously shiny and so adorable! The cute little banner is also included in the Globe Greetings set and was stamped in coordinating colors. The roses were die cut using mini rolled roses from MFT. 
 I have to brag about my cute son for just a minute. He bought me these adorable fancy embroidery scissors for Mother's Day! So cute! I just love them!

The leaves were embossed as well using the leaves from an older PTI set who's name has slipped my mind. I love how they look with the rolled roses.
A few burnished gold sequins and black baker's twine finish off the card. I did stamp "Congrats" using Concord and 9th's Sophisticated Script on the inside to keep the greetings cohesive! I really had fun creating this card and I can't wait to give it to the graduate! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! Love those embroidery scissors! Sweet son you have there. :)

Debra said...

It's always a treat to find you in my inbox! This is another beautiful card and the recipient will love it! What a sweet boy you have - he sure knows what you spend your time on! Very nice scissors!