Monday, October 13, 2008

Twas the night before...


I have been itching to ink up these mittens from the new "Brrr" set from The Saltbox Studio. They are small and sweet and easy to color. I decided to use a winter set today because yesterday we woke up to A LOT of snow. Our poor willow trees couldn't take the snow and we have some broken branches. Not a single leaf has fallen from them or even turned yellow, yet, so you can imagine how much weight was on them. So...in the spirit of snow, I couldn't resist using these mittens today. I decided to use a black dotted notecard from A muse and it looked like nighttime and snow, so I chose the sentiment from the new "Holiday Lights" set. I added a little cross-stitching to the bottom for interest. I wanted to add a few buttons, but restrained myself. LOL!
Football is officially over. We had our last tournament on Saturday in the rain and hail. We were all very COLD!!!! They won all 3 of their games and took home the championship. Even though Football has consumed our lives since the end of July, I am really going to miss it.

5 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Love everything here, Kell-bell! The chocolate polkadots, ribbon, sketch and those darling (with a capital D!) mittens! They are so lucky to have you designing!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

So cute! This image is great-- love your paper and ribbon choices as well!

Wow-- snow!!! It's only a matter of time (hehe) here to be receiving the same!

Have Fun!

Deb Saaranen

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son and what a great card. I really like it and it has a sweet simplicity.

loree2000 said...

Awesome blog! Love your cards.

Do you photograph your cards in a light box?

Bev said...

Love that ribbon on this awesome card! :) Beeeautiful!