Friday, July 26, 2024

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome friends! It's day 1 of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown! I'm absolutely head-over-heels in love with the new Bigger Blooms: Zinnia dies! I have two beautiful bunches in my yard this year and I admire them every morning when I do my watering, so it was fun to make these paper versions!

My card also features the new Reflections: July stamp set! I really like this month's installment because of the beautiful fonts!

The Bigger Blooms: Zinnia die comes with dies to make two different sized flowers. I ended up using the smaller size on the larger bloom as well for a fuller look.

I die cut them from white cardstock and then colored the pieces using assorted distress oxide inks. I used both liquid glue and foam squares to assemble the blooms.

I originally planned on making a mini-slimline card so I cut the white panel measuring 3 1/4 by 5 3/4 and then used the Watercolor Wonderful Stencil Collection to add some color to the background. I added the three flowers using liquid glue and foam squares for the leaves.

I stamped the scripture using Jet Black StazOn ink on a piece of acetate. I placed the two yellow petals strategically over the acetate with glue and then added some liquid glue strategically behind the "in Him" and "Joy and Peace" portion of the sentiment and then added an acrylic block over the top while it dried.

I always love using acetate and StazOn ink on my cards, but don't do it nearly as much as I used to! I added the entire panel to an oddly-sized Raspberry Fizz card base using foam squares! ha ha! I stamped the sentiment again and then die cut it using the Reflections: July die and added it to the inside. I wanted to reinforce the verse and gussy up the inside! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Barbara said...

This is fabulous in every way! The large flowers and the colors and last, but the best is the sentiment done in vellum. I love it!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Kelly!! The Zinnias are so bright and pretty and I absolutely LOVE the verse (one of my favorites!) stamped on the acetate! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

mel h said...

The Zinnias are gorgeous. I love this colorful card.

Denise Bryant said...

Love these gorgeous flowers! Such a beautiful card!

April Z said...

I love this card! The colors are beautiful and I really like the way you stamped the sentiment on acetate. Fun!