Thursday, July 18, 2024

Let's Celebrate! { a trio of tags}

I've decided I like big birthday tags to accent gifts just as much as the bows! I used some of my favorite birthday supplies from Papertrey Ink to make these jumbo sized tags!

I made three tags in total and I just love how they turned out! I think my favorite part is the unexpected addition of the Psalm Reflections: December Hot Foil Plate as the tag base! I was looking through my Love to Layer collection and this was in the section before and once I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for the look I was going for with these tags! I want to share a helpful tip with you about this particular hot foil plate; I found that if I placed the plate horizontal rather than vertical on the heating pad of my hot foil machine, I got better results. I used medium heat and 25 seconds. I did get a bit of over-foiling but I simply used a sand eraser to remove it!

You can see the shimmer of the foil on this tag really well; I used gold foil, but any foil would yield stunning results!

The three balloons were die cut using the Hooray! It's Your Birthday die and then colored using blender brushes and PTI ink pads. I also added some ink splatter to each of the balloons for added detail and interest. I also spritzed the balloons with shimmer spray for a realistic balloon look.
The flowers included in the Wreath Favor Box Sentiments stamp set are the perfect size and style to accent these tags. The remainder of the stamped images are from the Hooray! It's Your Birthday stamp set.

For the sentiments, I used both the Birthday Your Way stamp set and die and the Birthday Your Way II stamp set and die. I added eyelets and baker's twine to the top of the tags and then a few sparkling clear sequins finish off each of the three tags! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

SO PRETTY, Kelly! I have the Reflections die & foiling plate.... THANK YOU for the TIP! I think OVER-SIZED tags are WONDERFUL!!!! And yours came out BEAUTIFULLY! LOVE ALL the detail you gave to them!!! ;)