Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Greetery Calico Fields Release Day

Hello and welcome! It's release day for the Calico Fields collection from The Greetery! I'm sharing one more bonus card with you today for even more inspiration! I joked with my mom the other day that I'm always excited to see what Betsy does with the collection so I know how it is 'supposed' to be used! ha ha! I was absolutely smitten with one of her Rolling Hills cards she created yesterday; it was the one with an arch cut into the scene and flowers spilling from the arch! I had already planned on making a field of lavender, but her darling card really made me want to try an arched scene!





To begin, I die cut a panel using the Rolling Hills die and then stenciled it using the coordinating Rolling Hills stencil collection. As I mentioned earlier, I knew I wanted lavender fields, so I chose an assortment of purple inks and a field or two of green for some contrast with the purples. I layered it onto a piece of typing paper that I had traced and cut the shape from and then die cut it using the A2 Arches Die.  I die cut another arch from white cardstock and added some ink to look like a beautiful sunrise, or sunset. I added some Ground Espresso ink splatter to both the sky arch and the stenciled arch. I layered them together using foam squares.

I'm sure it doesn't come as any surprise that I chose to use the Sketched Wildflower Frame stamp for the background! ha ha! I stamped it using Dusty Concord ink and then added some ink blending around the perimeter using whatever purple ink happened to be left over! I ended up trimming the panel to 4 by 5 1/4 inches so some of the deeper purple ink was cut off!

I used the new Grateful Heart stamp/die set for the sentiment. I didn't realize until I was making this card that there are stencils included with the stamp set so you can add the shading to the middle portions of the letters! ha ha! I'm so glad I noticed those tucked in the packaging!
I added the arched panel on to the background using liquid glue. Because the stenciled panel is popped up, it gives the card dimension and I didn't feel the need to pop up the entire arched panel. I created the bouquet of lavender with the BotaniCuts Lavender die; I simply die cut them from white cardstock and colored them with finger sponge daubers and Distress Oxide inks. I glued them to the left side of the arch using liquid glue and then added a stamped and die cut bow from the previously released Wildflower Bouquet stamp set and added it to the bouquet.

I added a few houses and trees from the new Countryside die collection! I added glitter here and there; not too much on the houses! I didn't want it to look like snow! ha ha! I layered the entire focal panel onto a white A2 card base using liquid glue! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. the collection will be available for purchase at 10 am ET!

 

8 comments:

Donna said...

Kelly, what a beautiful card! I do love the wildflower bkgrd stamp. It provides just enough color & interest. And the rolling hills- LOVE!

Becky Green said...

STUNNING WORK, Kelly! I LOVE your idea for the Lavender Fields! You've got me thinking now! LOL STUNNING WORK, & WHAT A BONUS!!! ;)

Cindy H. said...

Oh my, Kelly, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the design and that amazing color combo!

jan metcalf said...

Absolutely stunning!! Now I am wanting a glass of wine for breakfast, ha!

Connie said...

Fantastic work, Kelly!
Love the lavender and purple tones you gave your creation!

laurazark@gmail.com said...

This is quite awesome! Love the different purples and the use of that pretty stamp in the background again. Love it!!!

Vickie R. said...

Swoon! I LOVE your lavender fields!!

Lisa Schenck said...

This is SOOOO beautiful!