Monday, September 26, 2022

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown! Thank you so much for the sweet comments on yesterday's post! I'm back again today with two cards using some beautiful new products! Up first is a rustic card (I can't seem to put away the Bitty Big: Kraft paper) using the new Merry Berry Wreath. This is such a simple, easy to use stamp/die set that would be perfect to use for mass-produced Christmas projects.

I accented the berry wreath with a cute new bow from the Bows Galore die set! This is one of those sets that feels like it was made "just for me"! ha ha! I know I'm going to be putting these little bows on EVERYTHING....YEAR ROUND!!! I used one on my Mistletoe card yesterday!

This card features the new Love to Layer: Square die collection; this is another one I will be using a lot! I die cut the largest and medium size squares from Pure Poppy cardstock and added some Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges.

The Berry Wreath set comes with two sentiments; I chose to use the 'joy' sentiment. I also added a little bird I had in my stash just waiting for it's day to shine! Its the Feathered Friends Mini 16, I believe (the PTI website is currently down so I can't check)  I added some machine stitching; my sewing machine was luckily threaded with red thread! Some white paint splatter and sequins finish off this rustic design!

My second card for today is a little bit out of the norm for me; I usually like a lot of layers, but sometimes it's nice to do something a little more Clean and Simple. I always love cards that use paper strips, but I hardly ever use them myself. 
I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but my three youngest boys are all playing football this year so my evenings and weekends are CRAZY BUSY!

This is one of those cards that is perfect for when you want to be creative, but you're in a time crunch! This card features the new Merry Christmas Tree stamp/die set. This is a fun set that uses a multi-step series of stamps to create the final tree image.

I didn't follow the suggested steps to stamp the tree; I found it was easiest to stamp the images that are on the edges first and work my way in. Of course, you can do whatever is easiest for you. I used a MISTI, so this one of those stamp sets that would be perfect for mass-producing as well; just die cut the main tree outline and use a MISTI and stamp a bunch at each step.

The die collection also comes with the cute little pieces to create the gifts under the tree. I used the smallest oval in the Love to Layer: Oval die collection to look like a tree skirt. I added the presents under the tree. The stamp set comes with a star for the top of the tree, but I opted for another bow from the Bows Galore die collection.

I added a few gold half back embellishments here and there to look like ornaments glimmering in the tree. 
This concludes day 2 and I'll be back again for day 3! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Julie Bitner said...

Your cards are always so beautiful! Love how you used the oval to make a tree skirt!

Carol said...

Really smart thinking on that tree skirt! (I'm going to steal that one, for sure!) You cracked me up when you called your tree card "Clean and Simple"! It is a fun design! And I'm right with you on those bows! Cute! I know you'll appreciate this because you are a sewer... When my girls were little, I sewed for them a lot! But my favorites were the matching dresses - I would use the same fabric, but different patterns - with a great big bow in the back! Loved the bows! haha

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sooooo good and festive and beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute and excellently done!!!