Friday, August 19, 2022

Wildflower Sympathies

****UPDATED with embossing folder information******Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments on my August release projects! I'm popping in today to share a pair of sympathy cards using a few new-to-me goodies that I recently purchased! I can't seem to keep my sympathy card stash stocked, and here I am again needing another one! I decided to make two cards so that at least I could add one to my stash and send the other out the door. I think I need to set aside one day every couple of weeks to just work on sympathy cards. 

I can't seem to stop with my same old formula for sympathy designs, so I apologize if you've grown weary of these; this is another one of those posts that is probably more for me! ha ha! I did, however, want to share with you the beautiful Lovely Layers: Wildflowers Honey Cuts! I think by now you know how much I love a good flower/leaf die collection! This particular set really spoke to me and I couldn't wait for them to arrive in my mailbox!

I also ordered the Vintage Garden stamp set specifically for the fabulous sentiments! I'm very particular with which sentiments I like and which ones I don't!  I knew that I would use the ones in this stamp set often, so I wanted to add it to my collection!

As you can see, this particular card got one of my older favorites; this one is included in the Feathered Friends 4 mini stamp set and is my usual go-to. 

I die cut all of the flowers from white cardstock and then colored them with assorted Distress Oxide inks and then glued them together using liquid glue and foam squares for the poppy flower. The two Ballet Blue background panels measure 3 3/4 by 5 and are dry embossed using the Regency Swirls embossing folder that was included with my Gemini Jr.

I arranged the three flowers as the focal point on the Love to Layer: Oval using foam squares.

I heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the focal panel and secured it on the back using scotch tape.

For this card, I really wanted to use the beautiful, large sentiment as the focal point and then arrange the flowers around the oval.

I spritzed both cards with shimmer spray for a hint of sparkle and then added glitter to this card; I usually don't use glitter on sympathy cards, but I felt like this one needed it! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

12 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the pretty detailed flowers, but also that lovely blue embossed background. How did you do the background???

RuthCM said...

Very nice job on these cards! I love your color palette!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects. Please share the name of the embossing folder you used. Thank you.

Becky Green said...

STUNNING! I LOVE those larger wildflower dies too, Kelly! You sure make them SHINE!!! AND YES, I too LOVE that embossing folder! ;)

Lin said...

Oh, I'm swooning here! LOVE that particular shade of blue for your background. And add me to the list of letting us know what that embossing folder is, and also that beautiful oval die.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these are absolutely gorgeous, lovely colors and arranging!

Connie said...

Kelly, Will Never tire of your card layouts or designs!
These are awesome!
Wonderful colors, textures, and so tasteful.
Absolutely lovely!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Simply Gorgeous! ! I’m in love with your colors and selection that go together beautifully! You are an inspiring artist Kelly, thank you for sharing! Have a nice weekend!

Melissa said...

I’m so sorry you’re having to do so many sympathy cards, but these are beautiful.

Donna Walls said...

Wow, the cards are gorgeous and the color combos are breathtaking!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love the gorgeous flowers! I also love the embossing folder you used on the background! Such an amazing look!

Sibylleherbe said...

These are both gorgeous cards!