Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Pinkfresh Studio {Built on Dreams}

Hello friends! I'm popping in today to share 4 cards I made using the Built on Dreams suite of products! When I made THESE cards, I joked that I needed someone to move into the neighborhood before spring is over so that the springtime design would still be relevant. Well, that happened so here I am creating a few new designs to add to my stash! I actually made 2 "welcome" cards and then two "thank you" designs so I could use both of the bold sentiments included in the Built on Dreams stamp set.

I had so much fun stenciling each  panel using the Built on Dreams layering stencils. I used the same technique for these cards as I did on THESE; I simply switched up the last cluster of flowers to make each card unique, yet cohesive. My two favorites ended up being the blue one in the right corner and the purple one in the left corner.

I decided to make shaped cards because who doesn't love a cute little house shaped card, right? They're a sweet little size to tuck in with a welcome basket or housewarming gift! If you're not digging the shaped card idea, you can simply add the house shape to a standard A2 card base as well. Once I had the stenciling finished, I used the Built on Dreams die to cut each house.

To create the shaped card, I cut and scored 4 regular A2 cards and then placed the die over the top leaving the left edge of the die hanging off the fold line. Easy peasy! Just run it through your diecutting machine and you've got your shaped card base. I used liquid glue to adhere the stenciled/die cut houses.

Each card features the bold sentiment either reading "thank you" or "home" and then I heat embossed the smaller sentiment in white onto a strip of black cardstock. I also spritzed each card with Shimmer Spray. I normally do this AFTER I take photos, but I was too excited to see the sparkle! ha ha! The tiny flecks you can see on the black portions are the sparkles. They don't turn out looking that great in photos, so that's why I usually wait until after I photograph my projects!
I also added some Essentials: Jewels Mix (which are in stock-yay!) to each of the cards in assorted colors.
The stamp set also features this large sentiment that is perfect to add to the inside of the "Welcome to the Neighborhood" cards! 

Since I'm on an envelop kick, I decided to create some envelopes to coordinate with each card. I used a piece of typing paper to tuck underneath the flap of each of the envelopes and then stamped them using the Diamond Tiles background stamp. I think it really adds to the overall presentation of the card! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: