Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Welcome to the Neighborhood

You might be thinking that it's Groundhog Day around here or something!  I made this pair of cards the day after I made THESE cards because I was in need of a "welcome to the neighborhood" card and didn't have a lot of time or brain power! ha ha! It was easy just to copy the same layout and paper choices but add in the cute birdhouses and flowers. I'm partial to creating welcome cards that are seasonal, so the Home to Roost stamp set (retired) was a perfect choice for these spring cards.

I made two, even though I only needed one, because I never seem to have any welcome cards on hand. That being said, I really need someone else to move in to the neighborhood before spring is over! ha ha! 

I thought it would be fun to make it look like the birdhouse was perched in a blossoming tree so I added these flowers from the Into the Blooms II die collection. I colored them with Distress Oxide inks and glued them together with foam squares and liquid glue.

I made a few extra birdhouses so I decided to create a coordinating tag for each card. I usually wrap the welcome gifts/baskets in cellophane so it's nice to have a tag to attach to the wrap.

To be honest, this is one of those "for me" posts, so I don't forget these cards when I need to make something quick in the future! ha ha! I have a tendency of copying myself when I'm pressed for time! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

So pretty Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 🥰❤️🥰

Gail said...

Spring has Sprung!! Lovely!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊