Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Greetery {Spring Mix Celebrations}





Hello and welcome, friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week! It's Spring Break for my elementary school kiddos, but the weather has been CHILLY; hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy the outdoors before the week is through! Since I woke up to hail on the ground, I decided to cozy up and create a few birthday cards for my stash. I have quite a few birthday cards, but they aren't my favorites so they keep getting passed up. These will get used in a jiff, though, because I just love how they turned out!




I cut up an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white cardstock into 4 A2 sized panels and then stenciled and stamped each of them using the Print Shop: Spring Mix Stamp + Stencil. I kept all of the colors the same on each panel for ease, but swapped out the flower colors on each panel when  I used the last stencil in the series. It's amazing how just switching that one color can really change the feel of each of the panels. Once all of the stenciling/stamping was done, I used the Print Shop: Spring Mix Die to cut each panel out.

I also die cut a few extra stand-alone blooms for each card so I could layer them for a fuller, more detailed look. I used a few flowers from the Flower Bits mix to glue to the centers of select flowers; the layered flowers and two of the pink flowers in the top right and bottom left corner. 

Each of the die cut panels is added to an A2 card base using foam squares. Before I added the panels, I blended some Aqua Mist ink around the top of each card base as well as some ink splatter. I absolutely love the sentiments that are included in the Spring Mix stamp set, but I haven't used the beautiful sentiments in the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set (which happens to be on sale), for a while and I think they're the perfect choice!

In hindsight, I should have created 5 panels since there are 5 bold sentiments in the Birthday Blooms stamp set, but I didn't, so I chose "Wish, Birthday, Happy, and Celebrate". I die cut each of the 4 outlines using the Birthday Blooms Die and then used my Mini MISTI to stamp each of the sentiments.

Each of the 4 accent sentiments are heat embossed in white onto strips of black cardstock. I used foam squares to pop both the large word and the black strip onto the stenciled panels.

I forgot to mention that I also added some ink splatter to each of the layered blooms using my old SU! Color Spritzing Tool. I used a dark purple marker on each of the flowers, which resulted in a different look for each card.



I had so much fun creating matching envelopes for my stationery set for the release, so I decided to make some for each of the four cards. I used the Flappable Stencil collection to create a gingham design for each card (simply turn the striped stencil upside down). I chose to stencil them with the same shade of ink as the layered flowers, with the exception of the robin's egg blue card.

I selectively inked a portion of one of the sentiments from the Handmade Labels Stamp Set for each of the envelope flaps. These particular sentiments were created especially for the Nouveau Notes A2 Envelopes, so they are a little larger than would fit on these envelopes. I didn't let the large size get in my way, though; I simply used a sticky note to cover up the part I didn't want to have ink and then removed it before stamping....easy peasy!



I am thrilled with how cute the stenciled envelopes look with the cards! I was worried that the fonts would clash, but I think that they look just fine!



While I chose to make these for my own stash, these would make a great gift packaged up in the Stationery Box! You could even swap out some of the sentiments by using the Blessed Blooms Stamp Set to make it more of an all-occasion stationery set.

I had so much fun creating these cards to share with you today!  I hope you get some creative time of your own; it sure does the soul some good! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

16 comments:

Vickie R. said...

These are so gorgeous! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!

Marcia Hill said...

These cards are all absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kelly! Can you believe I haven't even played with this set yet?!! I had so much fun with the Crocus and Pussy Willow dies that I guess I kinda forgot about this floral set...definitely need to rectify that!! I love how you changed up the color with just the last stencil for each card, and the plaid envelopes are the perfect finishing touch to this set of cards! Beautifully done Kelly!! Hugs. :0)

Becky Green said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! JUST WONDERFUL! I saw these & was smitten with how well ALL of them look SO NICE TOGETHER! Matching envelopes included! I too LOVE how you changed up the colors with this! WOW!!!! I've GOT TO REMEMBER to SPLATTER TOO! LOL WHAT A SUPER JOB!!! I HOPE you get some time outside with your kids too! I WONDER, HOW you are able to sit & craft with elementary kids about! LOL ;)<3

Debbie said...

Kelly your cards and matching envelopes for your birthday stash are gorgeous. That is a great idea to simply change the last stenciled flower color. I always get such great ideas and inspiration from you!! Enjoy your time with your children, believe me, the years pass so very quickly.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous cards, Kelly! They are really so beautifully colored. I have my cover die all cut, I just need to die cut some of those adorable add-ons. I'll be sure to use your tips when I create my cards.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊 you’re going to have so much fun playing with them! ❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You’re always so kind!🥰

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!🥰

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your Birthday cards turned out SO pretty and your sentiments fit perfectly! I know just what you mean by passing up cards already in your stash, I have the same issue. Actually, they’ll probably stay in my “ card box stash” for who knows how long. Lol. Thanks for sharing your inspiration Kelly!
P.S. I use your post-a-note idea that I learned from you awhile back, it’s a great tip! 😊

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Distress oxides or dye ink? Thanks.

Karen said...

I just arrived home from vacation, and this set was waiting for me. Your cards are simply gorgeous, and I'm anxious to get out my new goodies and play! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie!🥰

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! All of the inks used on this card are Stampin’ Up! dye inks.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh, lucky you! You’re going to have so much fun! Enjoy! ❤️

Valerie said...

Absolutely lovely cards! The colors are all so beautiful and I really like the detail that you added with the ink splattering.